Author Topic: Please spread the word about this, it is very serious!  (Read 1042 times)

It's the orphan works act that any kind of artist, musician, writer, drawer, game prodicer, ect lose all copyright rights!
Please click this link for more details- http://just-a-writer-artist-person.tumblr.com/post/124532008829/wannabeanimator-an0ther-artist-attention

PURE
BULLstuff

Help spread the word to every artist of any kind as you can!

f off with ur clickbait title

wtf
I thought this was serious

>hour and a half long video

TL:DR pls

at first i was thinking orphans just lose all the copyright works to their arts

unless that's what it is

I'm gonna assume this is what this thread's about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Bentley_Orphan_Works_Act_of_2008
if it is... first of all, you're a little late
and second, I'm not sure how that's a big deal

1. why are you using another ambiguous title

2. this doesnt sound 1 bit true. after all, its from tumblr, and most people on tumblr like to rustle your jimmies with this kind of non-sense.

if i have offended anyone with this post, my apologies.

Never trust someone who tries to gain your support through appeals to emotion and brief summaries of lengthy legal texts. It's guaranteed that they are deceiving you.

Took a brief glance over journals on the subject on a few art sites
it seems like people are worried about having to "register" all their art in order for it to be protected by copyright

The problem is that the US is part of an international treaty, directly prohibiting such things:

...it introduced the concept that a copyright exists the moment a work is "fixed", rather than requiring registration...
...Copyright under the Berne Convention must be automatic; it is prohibited to require formal registration...

I believe it's just a tumblr scare
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:11:56 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

I believe it's just a tumblr scare
But why would Tumblr ever hastily try to demonize something that they've only known about for ten minutes?

Seems out of character

Sorry to double post, but I found another gem that 'just-a-writer-artist-person' decided to publicize. It's too good not to share.

Apparently 'Big Oil' has found a way to synthesize petroleum out of carbon dioxide and oxygen. All you need is carbon dioxide, oxygen, and exactly the same amount of energy you would receive from burning the synthesized gasoline.

forgetin' brilliant