Post Panorama Screenshots + Tutorial

Author Topic: Post Panorama Screenshots + Tutorial  (Read 5873 times)

Post your panorama screenshots made in blockland.

If you dont know how to make a panorama, you can type in your console

doPanoramaScreenShot(1);

Then remove your vignette:

clientCmdSetVignette("0", "0 0 0 0");

You can also take it one step further by using Block Cam: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=226035.0

And make sure to set your FOV high. (like 120)

Next, you wanna use a panorama stitcher. http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ is really good.

While stitching the panoramas, you want to set your horizontal field of view (HFOV) depending on your FOV you used while taking screenshots.

Because Torque rotates your character a certain way while taking panoramas, make sure you follow this simple equation to calculate your HFOV in degrees:

hfov = fov * 0.75

Since my FOV was 120 while taking panoramas, I will get the result: 90 degrees.
(You dont need to calculate your focal length, since its calculated automagically by your HFOV, and you also wanna just leave Lens type to Normal)

Press OK, then it will not look very good, all the corners will be jagged.

Now press "Align" to stitch and align your images, this will make it look like a real panorama.

Then you can press "Create Panorama" to finally turn it into an image. (Make sure you save your image in a directory without any spaces, otherwise it will throw an error)

And now here is the final image:

Now post your own panoramas in Blockland!

Holy stuff... How did this feature go unnoticed for so long?!

aye you finally got it to work

Holy stuff... How did this feature go unnoticed for so long?!
I didn't realize people didn't know about it.

I knew about this feature for a very long time but never bothered to figure out how to make a proper panorama

Dude, I'm going to try this with ultra soft shaders later today on one of my builds.

Tried using the tutorial, both times it captured the console window and all the gui junk, since I was in single player (I didn't want to join a multiplayer server), I couldn't use Block Cam since mouse usage is only allowed in multiplayer, so I instead set my fov to 120 like the tutorial said, and took multiple photos, the results look quite similar.

Build: "Collab City" By Bushido and Eksi

I want to see somebody to a 360 panorama

I want to see somebody to a 360 panorama
then look at the post before yours

is it possible to turn these into skyboxes?
that would be the coolest stuff ever - skybox maker

it doesn't loving work for me.
the first time I tried it the console, the fps counter, the everything was in the way.
so I hid everything except the console, and now it won't even put the screenshots in the folder.

is it possible to turn these into skyboxes?
that would be the coolest stuff ever - skybox maker
Nah, you'd still need a top and bottom image

it doesn't loving work for me.
the first time I tried it the console, the fps counter, the everything was in the way.
so I hid everything except the console, and now it won't even put the screenshots in the folder.

use Block Cam to hide the HUD