Boeing just offered me a job, I think

Author Topic: Boeing just offered me a job, I think  (Read 1252 times)

I have a LinkedIn account, and my email just notified me that someone from Boeing has sent me a job offer. Boeing, if you weren't sure, is an aerospace company which designs planes and rocket ships. It's pretty well known. However, I'm a bit iffy about the offer.

It is official all right, but instead of setting up an interview, they told me to make a "job account." Another strange part is that they told me I could forward this email around to other people who I think might be interested. Finally, I don't want to put myself down as a programmer, but my only real job thus far has been an assistant instructor teaching children Java and Python at summer school for two years.

What should I think about this? Is this just some net offer they spread around, or could it be an attempt to get me started in the business?

Side note: the place they want me to work is on the other side of the continent, in the land of confederate flags and tribal shootings.

Sounds like a fishing net offer

the place they want me to work is on the other side of the continent, in the land of confederate flags and tribal shootings.
Boeing main headquarters are in Chicago

I somehow doubt this
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:27:19 PM by Mr.Blocko »

Sounds like a fishing net offer

OT:

I somehow doubt this
they have places all over the country
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:22:33 PM by blockguy™ »

Another strange part is that they told me I could forward this email around to other people who I think might be interested.

It's another one of those "Forward this to 666 people or the spooky girl child ghost who died in the woods will get you in your sleep!!!!!!11one"

I somehow doubt this

EDIT: And they don't have any part of their business in Russia, so ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This is one of the links they gave me:
https://jobs.boeing.com/job/north-charleston/programmer-brown townyst-1-2/185/544024

It's another one of those "Forward this to 666 people or the spooky girl child ghost who died in the woods will get you in your sleep!!!!!!11one"
No, its an official hiring person who links me to the real website.

This is one of the links they gave me:
https://jobs.boeing.com/job/north-charleston/programmer-brown townyst-1-2/185/544024
No, its an official hiring official who links me to the real website.
take the job then, since they're boeing i'm sure they'll pay for your flight :cookieMonster:

land of confederate flags and tribal shootings.
OH HOLY stuff MY BAD

Boeing is awesome, work with them

if it's real, congratulations

Recruiters run scripts that scan people's profiles for keywords and skills. The job account is likely just the candidate profile used on Boeing's website where you can actually apply for positions.

I get dozens of these emails and notifications a week from recruiters. Working with them is a pain in the ass and not worth it most of the time.