Extreme computer issues

Author Topic: Extreme computer issues  (Read 1641 times)

For the last 2 weeks my computer has gone down the stuffter really far. 
Games are randomly crashing, multiple operating systems are hanging up and crashing, and the computer will hang up no matter what i'm doing if I plug a device into the 3rd USB port on the front panel.  It even hangs in the bios.  I'm getting really bad bluescreens like "MEMORY_MANAGMENT"
I dont think its the ram, I think the motherboard is going.
A few months ago the onboard LAN completely broke.  There were so many DNS issues, I couldn't even launch most games.  I bought a PCI lan card and it works fine now. 
What do you guys think, what tests should I run?

System specs:
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
AMD 6350 at 4.5 GHz
16GB Ram
Zotac 970
1000W PSU
120GB SSD w/ 4TB HDD
Windows 7 on dual boot with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Burn MemTest86 to a CD and boot from it.

As for the motherboard problems see if there are drivers for your motherboard LAN or even drivers for the USB.

Burn MemTest86 to a CD and boot from it.

As for the motherboard problems see if there are drivers for your motherboard LAN or even drivers for the USB.
I tried multiple times with drivers on the lan card drivers and as for the USB it never had problems before, nothing changed at all and there aren't any drivers for the 2.0 ports, only the 3.0 ports which have no problems. 

I'll run a memtest tonight as I sleep. 

Your motherboard might be on the way out man, save yourself the trouble and find a replacement, one of my cousins pc's motherboard started failing when USB ports started being " Not recognized" but I disabled the port and kept the motherboard alive a little longer...however then a capacitor blew and it leaked all over the internals, frying the thing and everything in it, somehow the hdd ended up corrupted, probably due to a short, he lost everything.

I would not take chances, just buy a new motherboard and save yourself the trouble.

I usually wouldn't go straight for replacing such an expensive component but it definitely seems your motherboard is dying. Seems like the motherboards connections are starting to fry them self, did you have a power surge or anything here recently?

I'm getting really bad bluescreens like "MEMORY_MANAGMENT"
do you have the stop code saved somewhere? like under event viewer? have a look through here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557391%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

If your 6350 is legitimately at 4.5 GHz, try toning it back to 4.20 where it's maximum frequency is rated at, that could be a problem you are having.  Otherwise if it still persists trying not overcooking it.

take it to geeksquad :)
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=283211.0
i watched a news story about someone unplugging the sata cable on their HDD and taking it to bestbuy to ask what was wrong and they said it would cost 400 dollars to replace the apparently broken CPU
the only thing actually wrong with it was the unplugged sata cable
they took it to a local shop and he looked at it the first time they brought it in, plugged it back in, and sent them on their way for free. 

i watched a news story about someone unplugging the sata cable on their HDD and taking it to bestbuy to ask what was wrong and they said it would cost 400 dollars to replace the apparently broken CPU
the only thing actually wrong with it was the unplugged sata cable
they took it to a local shop and he looked at it the first time they brought it in, plugged it back in, and sent them on their way for free. 
Why does this not surprise me?

One time my GPU overheated and apparently that also killed my motherboard and my hard drive according to GeekSquad
I stored the hard drive until 4 years later when I thought I'd try to see if it worked and I found an archive of all my old stuff.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:17:17 PM by Jasa »

Why does this not surprise me?
because anyone with any sense knows geeksquad is stuff

One time my GPU overheated and apparently that also killed my motherboard and my hard drive according to GeekSquad
I stored the hard drive until 4 years later when I thought I'd try to see if it worked and I found an archive of all my old stuff.
/geeksquad

because anyone with any sense knows geeksquad is stuff
True, very true

bump:
this answers my question

i guess the problem was that your computer didn't have enough confidence points