Author Topic: Help Installing Android Apk.'s  (Read 759 times)

I recently switched over to an Android Phone (Samsung GAlaxy S5) 5.0 and am having trouble installing .apk files on the phone. I've read a few different guides that say different things such as Getting Android SDK and others saying to disable the USB.  I also want to be able to put the files on the SD card on my phone. Is there a way to make that the default storage? Is there anyone who can help me out and walk me through it? Add me on Steam. If someone can help me I can return the favor. Maybe a steam game? Idk

what's your steam name
i have you added i can help you

i've never had trouble with it
i just download and run it and i have the same phone

i wish you luck though

-Transfer the APK to your phone, plug it in via USB and copy it over.
-Go to System Preferences, Security, and enable installing apps from Unknown Sources.
-Install a File Manager such as Amaze from the Play Store if your phone doesn't already have one
-Locate your APK, tap on it, hit "install".

-Transfer the APK to your phone, plug it in via USB and copy it over.
-Go to System Preferences, Security, and enable installing apps from Unknown Sources.
-Install a File Manager such as Amaze from the Play Store if your phone doesn't already have one
-Locate your APK, tap on it, hit "install".
I did this and it gives me the error "Download failed because the resources could not be found."
This is where the issue comes in :S

That error sounds like the OBB file is missing or your device isn't licensed to download it.

why are you downloading apks
are you pirating something young man

You litteraly just go to your files on  your phone and open the .apk.
Thats it?

you might be having trouble if the apk is registered with android. (why ever would you download one those...) because normal apks you can just open

if that is the case you will most likely have to download a cache file and install it in the folder created by the APK in order to let it open.