Why does BLF have these emoticons?

Author Topic: Why does BLF have these emoticons?  (Read 1906 times)

:cookie: :cookieMonster: :panda: :iceCream: :nes:

The only one of these I've seen used regularly is the Cookie Monster, and it's used as a sort of trollface. Aside from that, none of them insinuate any sort of emotion; they're simply random objects. And I noticed when even a single one is used, people begin to assume that person lacks social ability/is a child/has autism.

Why do we have these? Do they serve a purpose besides a mocking expression or insinuating autism?

I like to use them but I keep forgetting. :nes:

The cookie monster and sad panda or whatever it is called have some form of purpose but the cookie, fudge, and NES I don't know about

:cookie: :cookieMonster: :panda: :iceCream: :nes:

The only one of these I've seen used regularly is the Cookie Monster, and it's used as a sort of trollface. Aside from that, none of them insinuate any sort of emotion; they're simply random objects. And I noticed when even a single one is used, people begin to assume that person lacks social ability/is a child/has autism.

Why do we have these? Do they serve a purpose besides a mocking expression or insinuating autism?

well you could say:

I like  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookieMonster:

or I had a terrible day  :panda:

or I play  :nes:

or I spilled  :iceCream: on my  :nes:

:cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookie:
if you scroll past without giving coockie monster cookie then you have two years of cookie falling in milk bad luck..

:iceCream:
well you could say:

I like  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookieMonster:

or I had a terrible day  :panda:

or I play  :nes:

or I spilled  :iceCream: on my  :nes:

I like  :iceCream: on my  :cookie:

Cookies were used as some sort of 'award' for doing something back in the day. I 'unno about the NES. I think Badspot should replace the icecream with a popcorn bag, honestly.

the word on the street is that they were used as curse word censors until badspot got rid of them
 :iceCream: would probably be respective of feces

:iceCream: that's ice cream?

holy stuff

:cookie:

Cookies were used as some sort of 'award' for doing something back in the day. I 'unno about the NES. I think Badspot should replace the icecream with a popcorn bag, honestly.
can't we have both

It's a great way to pick out the handicaps.

I also think they have names if you hover over them in the post menu.

It's a great way to pick out the handicaps.
wow you're making me  :panda: and you probably don't want to give  :cookie: to  :cookieMonster:  :iceCream: :iceCream:

well the real question, as always, is why is cookie monster wearing headphones? what is he listening to?