Author Topic: Server Browser [Steam and Linux support]  (Read 1829 times)

http://blservers.theblackparrot.us/

You can join servers directly from this list, and I'll also add any custom master servers if you guys know of any.

(August 8th, 2015) Updates:
  • Steam support
  • Linux support (albeit with manual setup, but you probably expect this anyways)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:32:47 AM by TheBlackParrot »

In chrome there's no join button and clicking on the servers doesn't even send me towards them?
Uh is this a bug in chrome?

How about sorting by Players and Server?

How about sorting by Players and Server?
You can lol, click the table headers.
Have you put the v20 master server in this yet?
I'll look into it, but it'll launch v21 when you click on it. If you only have v20 installed, this won't matter.
I'll figure out some way to add details about adding ways to open v20 with blockland20:// sometime later.

In chrome there's no join button and clicking on the servers doesn't even send me towards them?
Uh is this a bug in chrome?
You're meant to just click on the server, there is no join button.
I don't use Windows so I can't confirm if it is a bug. Do you use the Steam version?

You're meant to just click on the server, there is no join button.
I don't use Windows so I can't confirm if it is a bug. Do you use the Steam version?

Yes I use the steam version but I can download the non-steam version if you want.

But is there a way to make it compatible with steam?

when you switch master servers it makes the 'Players' table row header merge into the top most server row

you'll have to ping servers with websockets

Yes I use the steam version but I can download the non-steam version if you want.

But is there a way to make it compatible with steam?
I have to use a different URL scheme for the Steam version if i remember right, that shouldn't be too hard to deal with.
EDIT: Only issue would be passing the server address to it, hrm. I can launch Blockland, but so far that's it.
EDIT2: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=173622.0 and http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/132591/shortcuts-to-launch-game-with-different-launch-options-in-steam might be relevant

when you switch master servers it makes the 'Players' table row header merge into the top most server row
I believe I just fixed this.

you'll have to ping servers with websockets
I tried doing websockets and the "get an image" method and still got response times from each server ranging from 0 - 5ms, idk.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:30:28 AM by TheBlackParrot »

not on Windows, so I need someone with the Steam version to test this for me

Go to the browser, press F12, and paste this in:
$("#joinTrigger").attr("src", "steam://rungameid/250340//-connect 104.237.141.93:40000");, and press Enter.

This should launch Blockland via Steam, and connect you to Boss Battles. If this works, I'll go ahead and add an option that will switch between the blockland:// and steam:// protocols. v20 master servers will be forced to blockland20:// once/if I figure all that out.

Go to the browser, press F12, and paste this in:
$("#joinTrigger").attr("src", "steam://rungameid/250340//-connect 104.237.141.93:40000");, and press Enter.
where does it go

where does it go
there should be a console in the section that pops up, if not

the >_ icon should being it up, paste it there