Ps4 + hardware upgrading

Author Topic: Ps4 + hardware upgrading  (Read 822 times)

I havnt owned a game console in like a decade. Because of obvious inferiority.
But ff15 and ff7remake is worth getting one. And since i already play ff14, i can make a convenient multiplatform jump when i feel like it.

Question. I been reading some stuff about hd upgrades. People have actually seen greatly noticeable results in loading speeds for system and games by popping in an ssd.
How successful and problem free is this method?

Bamp cuz im unpopular

i don't see why it wouldnt be a noticable result if you use an SSD

i say do it

I just cant find if it juat technically works, or if the default hd was more compatible. Causing issues.

Was hoping it was done a lot and someone experienced it.

Default is just some stuffty 5200rpm hdd :(

I havnt owned a game console in like a decade. Because of obvious inferiority.
But ff15 and ff7remake is worth getting one. And since i already play ff14, i can make a convenient multiplatform jump when i feel like it.

Question. I been reading some stuff about hd upgrades. People have actually seen greatly noticeable results in loading speeds for system and games by popping in an ssd.
How successful and problem free is this method?
I think one of my friends has a 7200 RPM hard drive but he's never talked about any problems with it. A quick google search tells me that the only problem might be a slightly greater chance of overheating (which I don't really believe.)

You can upgrade consoles?
I thought the point of consoles was having an easy plug in and play experience.

Yeah you just get the new HDD/SSD plugged in and download the PS4 OS from their website then install it on the new drive.

I'm pretty sure the increase in loading speed is like 5 seconds not worth the extra price

I think one of my friends has a 7200 RPM hard drive but he's never talked about any problems with it. A quick google search tells me that the only problem might be a slightly greater chance of overheating (which I don't really believe.)

SSDs stay reasonably cool, no?

yeah i just reached into my computer and held my ssd and it's room temp

oh are you talking about a 7200rpm hd?

HDDs heat up. The heat coming from the drives in my PC is pretty impressive.

SSDs stay reasonably cool, no?
they generate practically no heat whatsoever because there's no moving parts

they generate practically no heat whatsoever because there's no moving parts
well i mean a CPU has no moving parts and you can cook an egg with it

Well, when a transistor turns from on to off, there is a small short circuit that generates a tiny bit of heat. But everything adds up and processors usually have more than a million transistors.

You can upgrade consoles?
Just the storage space of it. You always had the ability to do this yourself since the days of the Original Xbox, but the PS4 officially supports the upgrading of HDD's and SSD's. If you were able to upgrade the actual performance of a console it would defeat the purpose of having it in the first place.