More and more problems at work + home

Author Topic: More and more problems at work + home  (Read 643 times)

Blah blah introduction can't think of anything to put here.

It's always one thing after another at work. None of it is my fault but I'm the only one suffering for it. Today, I drove all the way to Hardee's (where I work), parked, and walked to the door. Locked. I saw a sign on the door reading "Temporarily closed, sorry for the inconvenience". At first, I thought it just meant the specific door, especially since the drive thru was open and serving. I started walking around the restaurant but noticed that the chairs were all up on the tables, so for some reason the dining area was closed. I walked back to the door and peered inside to the door on the other side of the building and saw a sign over there too. I got out my phone and called them inside. An employee whom I've never met answered and told me I wasn't needed. He told me to come back tomorrow. He didn't even tell me why the restaurant was closed so I asked him and he told me that a water main broke. Granted yes, the restaurant should be closed, but I drove all the way there and back home for no reason which could've easily been avoided if someone cared enough to communicate with me.

This was not the first time either. The very day I was hired, I was told to come back the next day to start training. I did. I even showed up ten minutes early, but the manager was gone. A waste of gas right there. I was told to come back the following Monday. No manager, wasted gas again. By now, I was getting extremely upset since I had such a small time frame to save for a car (that void was miraculously filled by my uncle....temporarily as you'll see further along). I eventually did get to work...almost two weeks after I was hired.

On top of all this, my manager is barely giving me any hours. I'm working only about 10 hours a week (only 6 this week) and there is absolutely no way that I can pay car insurance, phone bill, and student loans at such a pace, so now my parents are continuing to fill in where necessary. As soon as I see my manager, I'm going to ask if I'm getting more hours. If not, I'm going to try applying at a second Hardee's that's not too far away.

Now even with this doozy, I'm now having car trouble. My uncle's car that he gave me is now having issues bad enough that I can't drive it now. The "Service Engine Soon" light came on temporarily last month and then disappeared, but just a few days ago the car wouldn't start in a parking lot 20 miles from home. Thankfully, my dad managed to get it to hold an idle long enough to get it home so we could work on it. Well today, we cleaned the EGR valve and replaced its gasket. The error code back when the engine light was on indicated that the valve was stuck opened, so we cleaned it hoping that it would fix the problem (symptoms line up almost perfectly from what I'm reading too). There does appear to be an issue where it could leak a little bit, but I don't think it's nearly enough to completely prevent the engine from holding an idle. Nevertheless, now I can't drive my car which is an enormous problem especially with college starting on Aug 17 and my need for wheels to get to work.

Current goal right now is that I'm going to call work every single time before a shift to make sure that I'm still on. I don't care if I'm annoying because they simply do not communicate at all. As for the car, I may have to buy a new EGR valve. Not gonna be easy since my parents keep delaying letting me get a checking account so that I can cash my checks, which I now can't do on my own without a car. I have a tiny stack of useless pieces of paper now entitling me to money that I can't even use.

tl;dr - My life sucks right now and absolutely none of it is my fault.

Dang, that sucks.

See if you're parents would be willing to deposit the checks themselves with you signing them over to your parents. Have them bring back cash. I know it's not ideal, but once you get the car fixed with the cash you can go create an account and deposit the cash back.

Sucks but look on the bright side. No accidents on the road heading to or from home.

sucks, will pray for you

Sucks but look on the bright side. No accidents on the road heading to or from home.

you gotta be loving kidding

Dang, that sucks.

See if you're parents would be willing to deposit the checks themselves with you signing them over to your parents. Have them bring back cash. I know it's not ideal, but once you get the car fixed with the cash you can go create an account and deposit the cash back.

I've suggested that but my dad doesn't like holding onto my checks for fear of misplacing them or forgetting to cash them. He really doesn't go to the bank that often on top of that.

I was the one driving my family van when a UFO dented the fender and bumper.

sucks, will pray for you

Thanks.

keep god out of this u Dino lover
GOD
HATES
DINOS
Join the Westburo Anti-Reptillian Church Today!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:55:09 AM by Daswiruch »

Don't you think you could request a meeting or some stuff with a higher up to discuss all of the bullstuff you've had to go through

Well it managed to only get worse, but there is also a slight glimmer of hope. I got in the car about to leave this morning for an 8am-2pm shift and called ahead to ask if my shift was on for certain. I was told that the restaurant was overstaffed and my manager rescheduled me for 5pm-8pm. Now my total week tally of hours decreased from six hours to three hours. I cannot go on like this.

On the bright side, there is a junkyard in St Louis with a couple '00 LeSabres. Normally I wouldn't buy used EGR valves especially since clogging/malfunctions are a common GM problem, but I can take them for $9.99 a piece (a new one can be over $100). If they work at all, I'll know that an EGR is causing the engine problems and not risk wasting tons of money if it's not the problem.

Don't you think you could request a meeting or some stuff with a higher up to discuss all of the bullstuff you've had to go through

Precisely what I plan to do. The manager might not necessarily be in today though, since she usually works mornings and afternoons.