Port forward?

Author Topic: Port forward?  (Read 858 times)

lately my (both dedicated and client) servers are not allowing players and I to connect to my servers I don't know why I was thinking mods but I just don't simply know.

Could it be over wright of files?

Or do I have to port forward ,and if I do can someone send me a link on how to do it?

-Sorry if I didn't make myself clear once anyone joins the loading bar doesn't load as well as the message connection accepted.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:03:27 PM by A_TEE »

I also realized this is in general. Sorry guys it should be in help.

Blockland automatically portfowards. I did have a problem where no one could connect to my server for like a day. So your best bet may be to wait until tomorrow

Blockland automatically portfowards. I did have a problem where no one could connect to my server for like a day. So your best bet may be to wait until tomorrow
UPnP is terrible, disable it if you have it one, its a huge security risk.

I can't host because me being poor with networking knowledge doesn't know how to port forward with IPV6.
Blockland doesn't support IPV6 and I have no clue what to do since the port forwarding tutorial is extremely outdated.

Is it something with my port being at 29000

Is it something with my port being at 29000

There isn't anything wrong with your port number, it's the fact that whatever port you forwarded matches that same criteria. I don't think anyone could help you without knowledge of your router's manufacture/model. From there it should be quite easy.

...the port forwarding tutorial is extremely outdated.

I honestly wonder why that hasn't been updated yet, it's quite simple actually. Only issue is that all routers are different and such with their guis so portforwarding is sometimes easier compared to others.