Ravencroft and Whirlwind's Falling Tiles [Closed]

Author Topic: Ravencroft and Whirlwind's Falling Tiles [Closed]  (Read 10107 times)

do you seriously expect them to be banned for blocking a dance machine

do you seriously expect them to be banned for blocking a dance machine
Well I don't expect people being allowed to dilly dally in the lounge loving around with people and get away with it.

2 of these people kept blocking me during the dance dance thingy

Broken Knight: 14490
Albedo: 48992
I'll be sure to add some blockers there so people can't reach that spot. Thanks for reporting it.

We're open!

Yo I'll get you the script by early tomorrow.

So due to Whirlwind and I both leaving for college soon, we won't have much if any time to host Falling Tiles starting around September. Unfortunately we have a very inactive/unreliable team of Super Admins as well, so we can't exactly rely on anyone else besides eachother to run the server. Below is an application for a position as a Super Admin on the server. Your job will basically be to open the server a couple nights a week and administrate it. Please keep in mind that this will be more of a job than a privilege. Whirlwind and I will expect you to fulfill requested duties as well as stay active on the server. If you are accepted, you will be given a trial run as admin until the end of the month and eventually be promoted to Super Admin if you meet our expectations.

Required fields are marked with a "*"
Prerequisites: (put a "X" in each box that applies to you)
* - Applicant must have at least two hours of playing time on the server. []
* - Applicant must know Ravencroft/Whirlwind on a personal level OR have a decent amount of experience with running a server on their own. []
* - Applicant must be available at least two nights a week to run the server. []

General Information:
* Blockland ID:
   Steam Username:
* Skills e.g. building, eventing, coding

Application:
* How do you know Ravencroft/Whirlwind?
* Do you enjoy your time spent playing on our server?
* Administration Experience(include your position at each server as well):
* Recommendations(at least 5, include screenshots):
* Explain what you believe being Super Admin on a server means:

Applications may be posted directly on this topic for my convenience. A decision will be made on Friday if we believe we have enough applications. Two people will initially be selected for the trail period and ultimately only one will be chosen for job. The person who does not get selected for the job will be given a Moderator position on the server.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:59:08 PM by Ravencroft· »

hey why not shoot for it.

* - Applicant must have at least two hours of playing time on the server. [X]
* - Applicant must know Ravencroft/Whirlwind on a personal level OR have a decent amount of experience with running a server on their own. [X]
* - Applicant must be available at least two nights a week to run the server. [X]

General Information:
* In-Game Name: Akio
* Blockland ID: 19562
   Steam Username: Link to my steam profile
* Skills e.g. building, eventing, coding to an extent

Application:
* How do you know Ravencroft/Whirlwind? - I tend to talk with them whenever I see them. Pleasant to engage in conversation with.

* Do you enjoy your time spent playing on our server? - I wouldn't have applied otherwise.

* Administration Experience(include your position at each server as well): Here is an extensive list to avoid a vertical pagestretch.

(this area will likely have additions in the near future)
Eagle517
Ipquarx
Waru
Blades
.:FancyPants:.

Maxwell
Enn
Sanctus Rem
Players that I believe would recommend me:
Cat123,
Dark_X_Rane,
Wrapperup

I believe that the administration plays one of the most important roles in a server. It's the admins' job to keep the peace and fun in the server. This means getting along with ALL players and getting rid of the troublemakers in an orderly fashion that avoids drama. I believe being a Super Admin means being the face of the server. Not only do these players represent the server on AND off the server, they set the tone and mood of the server. It's their job to make players feel welcomed and help with any issues. It's also their job to avoid / prevent conflict.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:36:55 PM by Akio »

* - Applicant must know Ravencroft/Whirlwind on a personal level OR have a decent amount of experience with running a server on their own. [X]
* - Applicant must be available at least two nights a week to run the server. [X]

General Information:
* In-Game Name: Honno
* Blockland ID: 42358
  Steam Username: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Voxed
* Skills e.g. building, eventing, coding
I have great knowledge in coding and pretty decent knowledge in eventing. I am willing to write & currently writing scripts for the server to improve gameplay & administration experience.

Application:
* How do you know Ravencroft/Whirlwind?
I know Raven pretty well and raven knows me. Whirlwind, not as much, but we have talked before.
* Do you enjoy your time spent playing on our server?
Absolutley, I always like to hang out on there and talk to other people. I'd love to take it one step further and help administrate and take care of the server while the hosts are away.
* Administration Experience(include your position at each server as well):
Admin on Crowns, Panquakes, Ports, LegoPeppers, Xeidious', Klarcks and Dark-X Rane's. Super Admin on Rggbnnnnns, Biotracks, Akios, Gytythgfffffs (Scenery), Zeblotes, ChocoboPahs and Zapks. There may be a few others I administrated in the past but I do not remember them.
* Recommendations(at least 5, include screenshots) In no particular order:
Crown:

Zapk:

LegoPepper:

Gytythgffff:

Rggbnnnnn:

Xeidious:

Eagle517:

Redconer:

Tetrahedron:

Akio:

Mini:

Zeblote would also recommend me, but he was not online at the time to ask him again.

In general, being given Super Admin on a server really means that the host actually trusts that you can run the server on your own without the host being present. It would require you to take care of any lower staff, fix any severe problems that occur on the server, handle most bans and overall just have a good attitude while doing it. I am fully capable of doing all the things mentioned above, and will spend my free time doing them as best as I can.

Thanks for reading,
Honno
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:32:01 PM by Honno »

Akio and Honno are both cool I recommend them!!!

I'm curious as to why you're still using events and not hosting all the time. I don't mean to sound angry or mean (don't even), just curious.

General Information:
* In-Game Name: Cavik
* Blockland ID: 20061
   Steam Username: Cavik6
* Skills e.g. building, eventing, coding: I have minor coding experience and a decent eventer, but not too great at building.

Application:
* How do you know Ravencroft/Whirlwind? I remember Ravencroft from him playing on my server before. Whirlwind I usually just see on random servers.
* Do you enjoy your time spent playing on our server? Yes, it's very entertaining.
* Administration Experience(include your position at each server as well): Used to be admin at Tezuni's servers. I didn't agree with one of the SA's there and resigned. I also have experience hosting and administration my own server.
* Recommendations(at least 5, include screenshots): http://imgur.com/a/dqfJm
* Explain what you believe being Super Admin on a server means: It means dealing with problems, and solving those problems along with being a constant help to the players, and being of a respectable attitude which will reflect the server as a whole.

I'm curious as to why you're still using events and not hosting all the time. I don't mean to sound angry or mean (don't even), just curious.
Well to address the first point, Whirlwind's been learning to code for a while now and has actually been working on coding the gamemode himself. The events aren't really the reason we don't host all the time though. We only want to open the server a few nights a week to keep it fresh. It gives people something to look forward to and tends to draw larger playeracounts as well.

I'd apply to help you guys out - but as always I don't have enough recommendations because I've never been able to help out very many servers.
o well

General Information:
* In-Game Name: Tetrahedron
* Blockland ID: 4595
   Steam Username: Tetrahedron
* Skills e.g. building, eventing, coding Building, and eventing. I can also do graphic design for logos possibly.

Application:
* How do you know Ravencroft/Whirlwind? I know Ravencroft from falling tiles a while back when he hosted it and Whirlwind, I haven't really seen him anywhere but I also know him from falling tiles.
* Do you enjoy your time spent playing on our server? I love playing on the server, it's a great time killer and it helps to have a little fun too.
* Administration Experience(include your position at each server as well): I have experience being Admin on Pecon's Boss Battles, and Super Admin on all of Yokes servers, when Yoke left, I owned the Bounty Hunter server for a couple months. I was also admin on TheBlackParrot's Falling Tiles.
Honno:

Redcorner:

Trifront:

Ike The Generic:

stufflord:

more are coming

* Explain what you believe being Super Admin on a server means: To me, being Super Admin on a server means that the Owner/Co-Owner trusts you to monitor the server, players, and the Admins. It also means to be able to fix server issues and conflicts. With the power comes responsibility to remain calm in chaotic situations and handle them with care.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:49:35 PM by Tetrahedron »

Do you ever loving moniter who you make admin? I was just muted for a day by Count just for multiclienting, and then arguing that it isn't against the rules (which is, by the way, NOT WRITTEN ON THE loving RULES)
He stated that it's common sense, but that would imply that everyone does it everyday
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:48:53 PM by RTBARCHIVE »