Author Topic: Any tips on getting ready/what to do for a job interview?  (Read 1573 times)

I'm gonna get interviewed to work at the movie theater, it's my first official job, before that all I did were internships. So any suggestions? What kinds of question will they ask? What should I wear? And what's it like working at a movie theater?

1: Suit.
2: Don't look stupid.
3: Don't do anything stupid.
4: Speak the minimum amount possible.
5: Avoid wiseass comments.

i also need to know how to prepare for a job interview

3. and 5. kinda seem the same

I lost a job interview for wiseass comments. Just don't do it.

Whenever you talk, start saying "Hire me" under your breath. It would look like this:
Q: So, why do you want to be a coder?
A: Well, I have always *hire me* liked to code, and *hire me* I have coded *hire me* for a few games *hire me* back when I was *hire me* a kid.

Or if you didn't want another person to get the job instead of you, do this:
A: Well, I have always *jeff sucks* liked to code, and *jeff sucks* I have coded *jeff sucks* for a few games *jeff sucks* back when I was *jeff sucks* a kid.

Whenever you talk, start saying "Hire me" under your breath. It would look like this:
A: Well, I have always *hire me* liked to code, and *hire me* I have coded *hire me* for a few games *hire me* back when I was *hire me* a kid.

A: Well, I have always *jeff sucks* liked to code, and *jeff sucks* I have coded *jeff sucks* for a few games *jeff sucks* back when I was *jeff sucks* a kid.
jeff really does suck though

I'm not really a fan of suits, since its a minimum wage job should I just wear dress pants and a collared shirt?

Yeah I'll avoid being a smart ass, don't want my employers thinking I'm some sarcastic starfish

Nice pants, belt, dress shirt and tie does just fine. Also remember not to be too humble, that is key.

I just stopped working at a movie theater since schools starting up here soon

Just stay calm, dress nicely, and try to seem interested. Shouldn't be too bad since it's a minimum wage job. Good luck!

I just stopped working at a movie theater since schools starting up here soon

Just stay calm, dress nicely, and try to seem interested. Shouldn't be too bad since it's a minimum wage job. Good luck!
Can you tell me about your experience? I know they do stuff like tearing tickets, and selling stuff at the concession stand or box office, but I don't really know how to operate a cash register.
http://i.imgur.com/uGCqccA.jpg
Some of those questions seem really hard, hopefully they only ask that stuff when you apply for a professional job.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:44:15 PM by Biostorm »

Can you tell me about your experience? I know they do stuff like tearing tickets, and selling stuff at the concession stand or box office, but I don't really know how to operate a cash register.
yeah that's pret much all there is to it. If you get put on usher shifts you'll be cleaning theaters, and having a lot of downtime, or you'll be stuck at the podium ripping tickets. Concession is just scooping popcorn, getting food, etc., and working the register (which is extremely easy and they should show you how to do it)
it's not bad tho