Author Topic: Simon Says ~ Locked until further notice (page 7)  (Read 6978 times)

Locked due to arguing & I can't get the save file.
Be back soon.

Simon Says is a game in Blockland based off of the childhood game, "Simon Says". It's exactly what you'd imagine if I told you to play a game of Simon Says, just re-created in Blockland.

WHAT'S NEW?:
+ New lobby! Chill out with friends in between rounds in our fresh new lobby!
+ Completely redesigned maps! Everything has been revamped to add a fresh feel to the game, and to add neat new game mechanics!
+ Revamped spectating system! You can now watch the rounds from balconies right next to the games!
+ PARKOUR!!! You can now try out your parkour skills at the lobby! You even earn 3 coins for completing it!
+ New Shop system! You can buy some playertypes at the shop in exchange for coins (points).

That's everything major that has changed! Now for a full changelog, visit this Google Docs document: CLICK HERE

Screenshots will be added here soon. There's still a bunch of junk laying around the place that I
need to tidy up before taking screenshots. :^)

Here's a list of active Administration:

[HOST] Blake1Studios, BL_ID 45718
[SUPER ADMIN] CupcakeGirl, BL_ID 42824
[SUPER ADMIN] Flairieve, BL_ID 31008
[ADMIN] Mini, BL_ID 15740
[ADMIN] Tetrahedron, BL_ID 4595

Administration Application: (No longer accepting applications)
*Blockland Username:
*Blockland BL_ID:
*Why do you want to be Admin or Moderator here?:
*Previous experience as Admin?:
 How can you help out besides Administrating?:
*Take the two examples below and explain what you'd do in that case:
[1] A player is being really annoying and rude towards players. You're the only Admin on; what do you do?
[2] Something broke. Blake is offline. What do you do?

Take the application above and copy-paste it into a new post. Fill out everything. Please give detailed answers; avoid slacking on your application. Depending on how good your application is, you will be granted Admin or Moderator, or if it's not good enough it'll be denied.

8/22/2015 ~ New topic created! Hosting tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:15:25 PM by Blake1Studios »

- Reserved -
because i want it

Applying for Admin
USERNAMES: Space1255 / Space1255 Alt
IDs: 32645 / 93111
Reason: To keep the server calm and ban any problem users with extremely descriptive ban messages to avoid as many dramas as possible.
Previous Experiences: Used to host a lot, only got drama'd twice, both had little evidence.
How else can I help?: Building, ideas, constant joke cracking for the players' amusements.
Scenario No. 1: I'd give the annoying player plenty of warnings before giving them a short ban explaining why they're being banned. If they continue after they return, then it'd be slightly longer. Repeat until drama, explain their idiocy, post proof, bask in glory of another enemy to the server crushed
Scenario No. 2: I'll lock the server and try to fix it myself. If I cannot fix it, I'll keep the server lock and make the title include [BROKEN, CLOSED] (and possibly something humorous). I'll shoot Blake a message about it for him to read when he comes back online.

oh fun this is back. cool. i'll probably apply. yeah i will.

*Blockland Username: Mini
*Blockland BL_ID: 15740
*Why do you want to be Admin or Moderator here?: Servers like these usually can get out of hand, because they don't really push for much innovation because of too many things being done by one guy. I actually like these types of servers, and it would really suck that it turns into a situation wherein the host is overwhelmed administrating so he can't actually improve the server. Coming to your server before, I know that there are a few regulars and there is a bunch of fun stuff to do, so why not care to contain that balance? Keeping the fun is all I really want to do; a few bad apples can spoil the fun.
*Previous experience as Admin?: I'm not part of the administration crowd, so I don't have much to show. I used to regularly administrate with my friend, WhoCares99, who hosted a bunch of things like Mafia Madness and his Airport RP. I also administrated for Crown's Jailbreak for a short while before he moved to his new format (Gmod esque-jailbreak), where I am now a moderator. I also administrated for Reinforcements back in the day with his Trench TDM.
How can you help out besides Administrating?: I can build, I suppose (only with inspiration).
[1] A player is being really annoying and rude towards players. You're the only Admin on; what do you do?

I would first tell them to calm down. I don't really have a "format" of what I would do considering different people act... differently. I would then kick them if they continue to harass the other players. If they come back, and continue their behavior, I would remove them from the server for a period of time that would be fit (from 30 to 2 hours). They would be seen as a problem user from then on, and if they come back again and continue their behavior, I would ask you to review the situation then possible perma-ban them.

If I have no idea how to fix it (which I would attempt to do), I would probably do my best to tell people it was broken and not to select it as an activity. I would probably just put a temporary print saying "RIP" in front of the teleport if there is one (depending on the format that you do).

If, for some reason, everything is broken and the server is practically unplayable, I would probably just tell everyone everything is broken and wait for Blake to come on while trying to fix it myself.

Oh, but most importantly, I would probably just clear the bricks and reload them. That would (probably) fix any of the messed up stuff in the server (as long as the last loaded save was the build itself and the server uses events).

Ooh, looks fun! (No pix, No clix)

JK but is there gonna be a ribbon cutting?

(No pix, No clix)
trust me you don't want to see the ugly duplications sitting around the spawn right now :)

JK but is there gonna be a ribbon cutting?
Hm, this is an idea. Problem is I don't have a set time for when I'll be hosting; so I'd rather not have players wait until I cut the ribbon to be able to play. Maybe though! I'll keep a duplication ready for this if I feel like it.

Admin applications will be responded to tomorrow afternoon.

*Blockland Username: Jeetlor
*Blockland BL_ID: 24924
*Why do you want to be Admin or Moderator here?: I want to be apart of that team of people who serve their time, dedication, and effort to help the server stay in one peice. I want to be apart of helping the server with all of its fufilled needs. If your server needs help with administrating, building and eventing, or anything that is needed, I'll be there to help and fillup the gaps. I know that with my experience, you'll like my administrating and benefits that will go for you and you're server.
Jeetlor's Hide and Seek/Grapple Sniper TDM (Host)
Agent Red's Deathrun (Admin)
Nightstorms Parkour (Super Admin)
Basil's Hide and Seek (Admin)
Tezuni's Prison Escape (Moderator)
PaperDemons Skate Park (Super Admin)
Mr. Tee's Zombies (Super Admin)
And more from past years.

How can you help out besides Administrating?: Im a decent builder. I'm mostly good at eventing for everything else accpect Variable Conditional Evnets (VCE). I can help be a role model in that server and be a helper to anyone on that server.
I ask them to stop or they will have to face punishments. If they listen, the server will stay peaceful and everyone would be fine. If they decide to ignore me, I would have to lay the foot down and give them a mute/kick/ban depending on how long they've doen it.
[2] Something broke. Blake is offline. What do you do? First, I'll alert the server of what is going on, and ask them to please be patient. Then, I would try my best to fix the broken variable (event, glitches, etc/). Once its fixed, I'll alert the server again that the problem has been fixed and they can resume and continue what they were doing.

Glad it's back Blake! I would apply, but I'm not very good with admin applications.

*Blockland Username: Tetrahedron
*Blockland BL_ID: 4595
*Why do you want to be Admin or Moderator here?: This seems like a cool server and its always nice to help out and keep it peaceful.
*Previous experience as Admin?: TheBlackParrot's, Ravencroft's, Pecon7's, Hosting my own servers, and more.
  How can you help out besides Administrating?: Eventing and building are my specialty.
[1] A player is being really annoying and rude towards players. You're the only Admin on; what do you do? 2, warnings, a kick, 5 minute ban, 1 hour ban, then perma ban.
[2] Something broke. Blake is offline. What do you do? Reset the minigame. If problems are beyond my control, contact blake.

Why am I not on the admin list

May I PM my admin application instead of posting it here?

*Blockland Username: DragonoidSlayer
*Blockland BL_ID: 29132
*Why do you want to be Admin or Moderator here?: I have been with you and your simon says server for about a year now. I, like I have done in the past, would like to improve the server in any and all ways possible. I've been a moderator and VIP on this server for a while now, so I don't think its asking for to much for an admin promotion.
SA on Visolator's server - A on Brickitect's server - SA on Chill's server - A on Daniel.S's server - A on NuclearNacho's server - SA on CASEY's server (BL_ID 721 BTW) - A on Herecy's server - SA on A_TEE's server - SA on  Rammboy's Server (Now Clayman) - A on Mr.LoL's server - A on Benci's server - A on Cyber's Server - A on Georges' server - SA on Kyle!'s server - A on Bacon!'s server - A on Ninjaz's server - Co-Host on Deokotaru's server - A on Ardenlo7's server - Mod on Whirlwind's server - Mod on Count's server - Admin on Blobo's server - SA on Khaz's server - SA on ChocoboPah's server - Mod on The Brighter Dark's server - Admin on Gavizt's Server - Co-Host on Basil - SA on Conan - Moderator on Tezunis - SA on Yoke's - And many other countless servers. 
How can you help out besides Administrating?:
Aceptionaly great eventer. Decent builder. Getting increasingly better at scripting. Being fun. c:
Depending on the severity of the player's annoyance, the outcome would differ. If it is "general annoyance or rudeness" I would kindly ask the offender to stop spamming. If they continue, then i mute them for 5 min. Then kick them. Then ban for one hour, then 2, then 5, then 12, a day, forever. On the other hand, both players start going at eachother, I apply the other steps to both players, or the one that contiunes to argue.
If it is a minigame problem: Get in contact with a super admin to fix the minigame, or fix it myself if I have permissions to it.
Build problem: Get in contact with an admin with a recent save, or upload my own save if it is valid.
Event problem: fix it myself.

(sorry for poor grammar. I typed this on my phone.)

oooo I remember this :0

I recommend DragonoidSlayer

May I PM my admin application instead of posting it here?
Got your PM, it's perfectly alright.

I recommend DragonoidSlayer
I tend not to do recommendations on my applications anymore. While it is nice knowing that other people trust these applicants, recommendations usually turn into "how many friends can you get to say yes"

Thanks anyways for the recommendation.

Why am I not on the admin list
Since the server hasn't been hosted in 8 or 9 months (and most of my admins are long gone anyways), I've reset the Admin list. You can apply again if you wish; otherwise you're on the VIP list as a friend / previous staff member.

Alright you'll all receive responses later this afternoon. I do want to address that I am having some port forwarding issues so hosting tonight is gonna be skeptical. If I cannot host tonight, you'll get the server next weekend (and it should be fully done then too).