Author Topic: Why was Pixels (2015) a bad movie?  (Read 6855 times)

the advertising agency was DMCAing anything on YouTube involving the word "pixels"
loving what
even their own official trailer (seriously)
LMAO

I thought it was just Vimeo but I guess it was both

Actually Pixels does kinda feel like it was based off of Wreck it Ralph.

So, I've read through the TVTropes YMMV page, and it seems like the main problems are a bad premise, a waste of a plot, loveism and stereotyping, the president is Paul Blart mall cop (seriously), it's a video game movie, the advertising agency was DMCAing anything on YouTube involving the word "pixels", even their own official trailer (seriously), they managed to offend the entire Yogscast fanbase (haven't looked into it deeply), and called the movie "Pixels" when it's clearly about voxels.
im glad i wasnt the only person who was pissed off by this
Ass Pull:
Q*Bert becoming Lady Lisa... somehow. (Perhaps The Power of Love was in effect.)

Ensemble Darkhorse:
Many can admit to liking Q*Bert mainly for being relatively not annoying unlike some of the human characters he is paired with, though the ending where he turns into Lady Lisa just so Ludlow can marry and eventually produce children with him pretty much kills that enjoyment

Squick: Q*Bert becoming a human woman and having love with Josh Gad's character. Just... why. Sam even lampshades it near the end: "Doesn't anyone find that weird? That was just Q*Bert!"

Seriously I don't get why you think it's bad acting, and the fact it has adam sandler in it, so what? I loved the damn movie, I thought it was pretty funny at some points, also quite an original story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MDMdfcRfI
freddiew Rocket Jump beat pixels to the punch by 2 years
adam sandler is great tho, i was just making a pun

i liked the movie tho
You probably also enjoy tooth decay and brain haemorrhages.

You probably also enjoy tooth decay and brain haemorrhages.
jfc you have to stuff on everything
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:14:27 PM by BlueCreeper »

I don't see why you hate it so much to just bash it.

Because in the grand scheme of things, the movie doesn't really do or say anything significant enough to be worth the money spent to watch it. It's just a fake nostalgia-laden wankfest with poor writing.

Pixels is one of those kind of movies that doesn't really matter if you watch it or not because there's nothing to it besides filler content. It's a gratuitous at best and grating at worst. Calling it the worst movie of all time is sort of an overstatement. I'd much rather call it the blandest, most uninteresting movie of all time.

On the other hand, if you like these kind of movies, Wreck it Ralph or the Lego Movie did the whole nostalgic-inspired theme one better and it's a much more enjoyable watch.

edit: just to mention, just because you like something doesn't mean it's not bad. You can enjoy bad things, that's okay. You aren't obligated to defend your likes and interests. If you liked pixels, all power to you. It's still a godawful movie.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:18:16 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

i have never ever liked a film that had adam sandler starring in it

i have never ever liked a film that had adam sandler starring in it

I don't consider Adam Sandler to be a comedian. He doesn't make really jokes or do comedy acts anymore. His humor amounts to slipping on something akin to slipping on a banana peel and getting hit in the groin.

did he used to do comedy acts? i dont think ive ever seen that, just godawful movies hes been placed in

did he used to do comedy acts? i dont think ive ever seen that, just godawful movies hes been placed in

He used to be pretty funny, that's how he got to where he is today. He did a few good movies and then he got in the directors chair and basically loving tanked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MDMdfcRfI
freddiew Rocket Jump beat pixels to the punch by 2 years
adam sandler is great tho, i was just making a pun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8vRWTSsJo
Machinima beat Rocket Jump to the punch by 2 years