Author Topic: FiveTone Colorset  (Read 3441 times)

This is my current custom colorset.  It features five shades each of eight different hues, plus some transparents, some grays, and a custom set of earthy browns.  I've been hosting it on my Ultimate Pirate forgetaround server for a while, and figured it would be in order to release it.

Download here

Some screenshots:

lovin that pixel art mang

but yes this is a good colorset

good to see you finally release it
it's a great variety of colors

This actually seems surprisingly comprehensive. Definitely trying this later.

pretty sweet, i like the variety

also, what's this character's name
Rottytops.
ty
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:49:22 AM by Blocky943 »

pretty sweet, i like the variety

also, what's this character's name
Rottytops.

the only thing i dont like about this is the lack of duller browns
most of the ones in here feel too reddish-orangey rather than standard hardwood, but i'll admit the brighter colors make wood-based buildings appear more vibrant

I agree with Conan, a full brownscale and greyscale would be nice.

I agree with Conan, a full brownscale and greyscale would be nice.

I specifically only included four grays because I feel that in Trueno's and many other colorsets it's space wasted that could be used for much better colors.  In general I see tons of grays as a crutch for inexperienced builders with poor color selections.

Well, despite my opinions, this is a really nice color set! Reminds me of some other color set that had a slightly poor color choice. Thanks for making this!

I specifically only included four grays because I feel that in Trueno's and many other colorsets it's space wasted that could be used for much better colors.  In general I see tons of grays as a crutch for inexperienced builders with poor color selections.
yeah i actually appreciated the lack of greys; i first was abhorred at it then realized that its not entirely a bad decision
the only thing i really disagree is the three-four shades of red when really the second column is almost entirely unnecessary. its like you traded out a grayscale for more redscale-esque things. including some soft colors instead of three shades of bold colors (orange column is fine) is a better decision imo

i loving love this colorset