Author Topic: I can't save  (Read 1757 times)

Whenever I try to save, it goes through everything like it should, and at the moment it should save it just gives me this error:

I don't understand why this happens.

Also, don't tell me to reinstall/disable all add-ons, it's done this ever since I bought Blockland and reinstalled 3 times.

is your saves folder set to read-only?

is your saves folder set to read-only?
It is read & write.

im pretty sure you have the saves folder so i won't ask. do you have this on steam or non-steam?

if you create the saves/Anti-House.bls file manually, and then try to save ingame to that file, what happens?
and is this on a clean install?

im pretty sure you have the saves folder so i won't ask. do you have this on steam or non-steam?
Steam.
if you create the saves/Anti-House.bls file manually, and then try to save ingame to that file, what happens?
and is this on a clean install?
I'm not sure what you mean by that?
I've already reinstalled Blockland 3 times, and tried saving without add-ons many times.

go to your saves directory and create a file labeled Anti-House.bls

and saving doesn't work without any non-default addons in the addons folder?

go to your saves directory and create a file labeled Anti-House.bls

and saving doesn't work without any non-default addons in the addons folder?

I am currently playing in a server so I'll get to that later.
Correct.

Okay, so I made a new file and turned it into Anti-House.bls.
Funny thing is, it actually shows up in-game like it normally would, except it doesn't load at all.

that is expected behavior
now can you save to that file?

that is expected behavior
now can you save to that file?
No, it just gives me the same error in the op.

does this work on the standalone version (non-steam)?
and are you on a mac?

this sounds similar to a problem that somebody had in coding help where on the mac steam version of BL it wouldn't save to new files or something
can't find the topic though

does this work on the standalone version (non-steam)?
and are you on a mac?

I only have the demo of the standalone version, because I originally got Blockland on steam.
However, saving works on it.

Yes.

try installing blockland into a different directory
maybe in the same directory as your non-steam BL

this sounds similar to a problem that somebody had in coding help where on the mac steam version of BL it wouldn't save to new files or something
can't find the topic though
Right here.

OP, go to your system root folder (Go to finder, press shift + cmd + g, enter / and press Go). See if there are a bunch of folders that are supposed to be in the Blockland folder like config, saves, etc.