Author Topic: Minecraft Environment  (Read 16103 times)

Minecraft Environment
I had released these on RTB a long time ago. Since it was taken down, I decided that I'd go ahead and put them here so that they're easier to find and I can still update them.

As the title implies, they simply make your world look more like Minecraft. The ground can be made to look like several different blocks, the sky can be made to look like the Minecraft sky, with authentic Minecraft sun flare (as well as a moon), and you can flood your world with Minecraft water or lava (lava DOES harm you when you swim in it).

Minecraft Water and Lava (v1)
Flood your world with and swim around in Minecraft water or lava.

Download

Minecraft Sun Flare (v1)
Give your world a Minecraft sun or moon.

Download

Minecraft Sky (v2)
Make your world look even more like Minecraft than it already does by using the Minecraft day/night sky.

Download
NOTICE: This requires the Minecraft sun and moon sun flares in order to work properly.

Quote from: Changelog
Version 2
- End sky no longer looks like a jpeggy piece of stuff.

Download (v1)

Minecraft Ground (v1)
Make your world look like you can just dig straight down into it (not recommended as you might fall into something).

Download

Images

Known Issues
[Almost Fixed] The water looks like just normal water unless your really close.
[stuff] Clouds honestly seem pointless since they're really just an alternate fog.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:54:06 AM by Clone2 »

<Reserved>

(I'll probably never use this, but, what the hell?)

is nice but would probably just stick to playing minecraft in minecraft.

[stuff] Clouds honestly seem pointless since they're really just an alternate fog.
Maybe replace the clouds at the horizon with moving ones like what was in Lego Plate?

Maybe replace the clouds at the horizon with moving ones like what was in Lego Plate?
I do remember how Lego Plate had the moving clouds, but that involved a lot more complicated techniques that can't be used now in version 21 due to the removal of maps as a whole.

The best way to fix the issue is to add clouds to the sky-map images so that, instead of them being a fog, they're actually a part of the sky image. But doing that is...complicated...or, well, a better of a putting it is that it's not easy for someone like me, who has very few resources, to do.

I do remember how Lego Plate had the moving clouds, but that involved a lot more complicated techniques that can't be used now in version 21 due to the removal of maps as a whole.
what?
I have an env sky with moving clouds, it's not hard to do

what?
I have an env sky with moving clouds, it's not hard to do
I'm unaware of this capability.

The default Sky_Slate_Storm environment has moving clouds.

The default Sky_Slate_Storm environment has moving clouds.
Code: [Select]
$Sky::cloudHeight0 0.6
$Sky::cloudHeight1 0.3
$Sky::cloudHeight2 0.4
$Sky::cloudSpeed0 0.003
$Sky::cloudSpeed1 0.001
$Sky::cloudSpeed2 0.0001
I see that now. I'll see what I can do.

That's really awesome. Nice job.

anyone have mirrors for these? all mediafire links are down.

Remember the celestial dreams map? Its still used now on bossbattles..