Song not appearing ingame

Author Topic: Song not appearing ingame  (Read 1879 times)

So I'm trying to import a song into blockland, but for some strange reason, its not appearing ingame,
the file is an ogg file for sure. Help please?

Make sure that the song doesn't go over 1:30-2:00 minutes?

Make sure that the song doesn't go over 1:30-2:00 minutes?
well crap, the song is 5 minutes long.
You have GOT To be kidding me.
Is there anyway to increase that

well crap, the song is 5 minutes long.
You have GOT To be kidding me.
Is there anyway to increase that

No, there isn't and should never be a way to bypass that.
Nobody wants to wait for 10 minutes to download a song.

Just to be clear, length alone actually isn't the issue (though it's obviously correlated); it's the resulting file size being over 1024 kb that makes the game not allow it. If the audio's bitrate and/or sampling rate are reduced enough to result in a small file (reduce qualilty settings on export) the game won't block it. In this case you're probably better off trimming the length down if it must be high quality.

Just to be clear, length alone actually isn't the issue (though it's obviously correlated); it's the resulting file size being over 1024 kb that makes the game not allow it. If the audio's bitrate and/or sampling rate are reduced enough to result in a small file (reduce qualilty settings on export) the game won't block it. In this case you're probably better off trimming the length down if it must be high quality.
Ah, thanks, so should I make it into diffrent parts?

Ah, thanks, so should I make it into diffrent parts?
you could compress it. i have a 5 minute song on my server that i compressed as low as i could get it. The only problem is that it sounds like AM radio

you could compress it. i have a 5 minute song on my server that i compressed as low as i could get it. The only problem is that it sounds like AM radio
I tried making it into 30 second parts, still not ingame, and also, how do I compress the file?

I tried making it into 30 second parts, still not ingame, and also, how do I compress the file?
in audacity at the bottom left there is a box (it usually says like either 24000 mhz or 48000 mhz) and the lower it is the lower the quality and size is when you save it

in audacity at the bottom left there is a box (it usually says like either 24000 mhz or 48000 mhz) and the lower it is the lower the quality and size is when you save it
there's also the options button when exporting as .ogg (or maybe that does the same thing)

Thanks a lot bud!
Edit: my god, the game deleted the files because it was stereo instead of mono...
UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:22:45 PM by Bow »

music files need to not have spaces in their name, otherwise it will not show up anywhere
ie: LAST_BATTLE would work because the underscore represents a "space"