RTB Buffer Overrun Crash

Author Topic: RTB Buffer Overrun Crash  (Read 1938 times)

Whenever I try to host a game with RTB exceeding the old datablock limit, RTB decides to give me a big "forget you" and crash.

Countless times I tried to get it fixed, using default addons only with RTB fixes it only because I do not exceed the old datablock limit.

But once go over the old datablock limit into the new one, RTB throws a fit and crashes over and over again with the last thing in the console being "Buffer Overrun Detected" and then it crashes.

I have been able to host a server without RTB exceeding the old addon limit and everything works fine, but if I choose to enable RTB , as soon as I reach loading datablocks RTB starts spamming in the console "Buffer overrun" till a crash happens.

Even gutted down to just the pref manager (RTB without everything else but the pref manager) same result, loading datablocks>buffer overrun>Blockland.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Here is the Lightweight version of RTB Greek2me made that only includes the pref manager:
Please use my version: http://mods.greek2me.us/third-party/storage/System_ReturnToBlockland_4_05_NO_INET.zip (rename the download to System_ReturnToBlockland.zip)

This is a stripped down version of RTB with a fixed prefs system.

Any help will be appreciated, if you require a console.log let me know, I can replicate this error very easily.

if you require a console.log let me know, I can replicate this error very easily.
A console.log is always helpful, even if you think it isn't, trust me, it can be.

The "buffer overrun" could mean that you have too many add-ons enabled and need to disable some.
My other recommendation would be to contact Greek2me about this problem and see if he knows anything about it.

A console.log is always helpful, even if you think it isn't, trust me, it can be.

The "buffer overrun" could mean that you have too many add-ons enabled and need to disable some.
My other recommendation would be to contact Greek2me about this problem and see if he knows anything about it.
I do not exceed the new addon limit, if I did I would have loaded and received the "Too many datablocks, some addons where not loaded" message.

This also only happens whenever the following requirements are done:
RTB loaded
Exceed Old Datablock limit before Badspot increased it in v21

I can exceed the old limit and load just fine when I do not load RTB, but as soon as I choose to load RTB I can't get past loading datablocks.

I will post the console.log when I have access to my main computer, please bear with me on this.

Ok here is the console.log, I am aware .oggs that are more than 1mb are not loaded.

https://mega.nz/#!MI4UxDaL!s4YVHRTKtGqrQoIU2BaIyLWxGoO_m R9prGIr7BRdYqM

I tried to find the problem but I don't see it, it just ends, no error this time.

does this happen on a clean install with only RTB and (too many) blank datablocks being loaded?

Ok here is the console.log, I am aware .oggs that are more than 1mb are not loaded.

https://mega.nz/#!MI4UxDaL!s4YVHRTKtGqrQoIU2BaIyLWxGoO_m R9prGIr7BRdYqM

I tried to find the problem but I don't see it, it just ends, no error this time.
You have trace enabled while loading add-ons. This usually ends in a buffer overflow because it's just too much text at once.

does this happen on a clean install with only RTB and (too many) blank datablocks being loaded?
No, Like I stated above, it only happens if I go over the old datablock limit.

You have trace enabled while loading add-ons. This usually ends in a buffer overflow because it's just too much text at once.
Happens without trace enabled as well, I think this is an issue with only RTB and if I can't fix it managing prefs is going to be an absolute hell.

Happens without trace enabled as well, I think this is an issue with only RTB and if I can't fix it managing prefs is going to be an absolute hell.
Yeah, but like this the log has no meaning. We don't know whether it crashed because the trace got too long, or because of whatever causes your crash happened.

Maybe make a test add-on with 5000 useless datablocks, then enable only that, and see what you get

Maybe make a test add-on with 5000 useless datablocks, then enable only that, and see what you get

For example, this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143512782/Games/Blockland/Add-Ons/Script_WasteDatablocks.zip

It works just fine for me using RTB and going far above the old limit.

Ok I will test like that.

No, Like I stated above, it only happens if I go over the old datablock limit.
yeah
I was saying go over the limit with garbage datablocks that are not actually addons (like vehicles/guns), but actually just a script with a for loop pooping them out (like what zeb posted)

Did you find a solution?

Running Blockland with trace enabled will often cause it to crash. This is because add-ons like RTB use very large strings (> 256 bytes), which cause the game to crash when trace echos them to console.

I should specify that this problem specifically causes buffer overruns.

Running Blockland with trace enabled will often cause it to crash.
That's what I thought first, but

Happens without trace enabled as well,