Yiffman needs smartphone recomendations

Author Topic: Yiffman needs smartphone recomendations  (Read 1576 times)

So my iPhone stopped working, my dad and I are going to the apple store tomorrow (August 29th) and if the repairs are over $50 then he'll just buy a new phone.

So your friend Yiffman needs recommendations, price should be reasonable for a middle class family. It needs to be just the phone with no contract.

/discuss
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:06:25 PM by Niff »

a flip phone with furry research stickers

Apply for Google Fi. If you're accepted, get a Nexus 6 (definitely more than $150, but you can use a payment plan and the savings from Fi will compensate) and use that. It's way cheaper than most plans, seems to have great coverage, and it's from Google, so I can't imagine it's too big of a let down.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm really happy with it, although I've heard great things about Nexus.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:55:27 PM by TristanLuigi »

less than 150?! Jesus christ man, you're not gonna get anything decent with that kinda budget unless you want a flip phone.

Apply for Google Fi. If you're accepted, get a Nexus 6 (definitely more than $150, but you can use a payment plan and the savings from Fi will compensate) and use that. It's way cheaper than most plans, seems to have great coverage, and it's from Google, so I can't imagine it's too big of a let down.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm really happy with it, although I've heard great things about Nexus.

The Google monopoly continues. ;U

The Google monopoly continues. ;U
google isn't a monopoly?
plenty of other companies compete with them

less than 150?! Jesus christ man, you're not gonna get anything decent with that kinda budget unless you want a flip phone.
>htc
>motorola

LG G2
considered

considered

a flip phone with furry research stickers
ur not funny man

the nexus 5 is such a forgetin monster. it just barely fits in some of my pockets. the nexus 6 looks alright though, much more reasonably sized.

the nexus 5 is such a forgetin monster. it just barely fits in some of my pockets. the nexus 6 looks alright though, much more reasonably sized.
considered

I'm abolishing the price limit, although it should be reasonable i dont think its gonna be less than $150

honestly like set said you can just buy a flip phone, minus the stickers

honestly like set said you can just buy a flip phone, minus the stickers
no go away
iPhone.
hnnng

oneplus one
super expensive, but my friend says its worth it

Did you get these backwards...? The 6 is considerably larger than the 5...

Anyway, LG G2. You can get one for unlocked GSM for $220 and it's almost comparable to today's top of the line flagships.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G2-D800-4G-LTE-5-2-Full-HD-Display-Black-Unlocked-GSM-Smartphone-/231625231715?nav=SEARCH