Author Topic: New Host, New Forums  (Read 13929 times)

I think you should restart the forums completly, this is just cluttered with 3-month-old topics that everyone has gotten past already.

I also agree that the bans should be lifted, people should be re-banned only if they act up.

Though it can be kinda interesting to read alot of the old stuff, there probably wasn't much point in restoring a 3-month old backup.  I would recommend erasing all posts and having a fresh start.  Though, that is just my opinion and I am only one person.  Also, did restoring to this backup unban the TBM people who were banned before?  All the people I know used to be banned now show up with rankings.

You might want to repost the new modding rules since they don't seem to have been part of the backup.

It's going to take me a bit to get used to the new layout of things, but good job with getting everything to work again.

EDIT:  Yes.  People did get unbanned.  MCP already proved that.
I think you should restart the forums completly, this is just cluttered with 3-month-old topics that everyone has gotten past already.

I also agree that the bans should be lifted, people should be re-banned only if they act up.

I very much agree. But I don't agree about unbaning people.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 07:32:57 PM by prattmic »

Yeah the TBM people already are ridiculeing the AiO-R mod

Please don't hurt me for this but...

I agree on the unbanning. What's a forum without a little competition? If it gets out of hand, sure, ban the troublemakers. I just don't see the point in keeping them banned forever. It'll only worsen relations.

Badspot

• Administrator
It doesn't matter because they'll get themselves re-banned in a matter of days.  They can't loving help themselves.  Speckz was here what? 5 minutes and he started in with the modwars troll bait? 

Badspot, there is a problem in the default SMF theme... it only seems to be affecting the index.template.php as other pages load fine.

btw, you may want to disable the "flash" bbcode as its a security risk, and maybe "move" bbcode as it gets spammed all over.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 01:56:35 AM by Chronic »

hoorays! smf!
* nige111 loves smf
* nige111 uses it as his personal forum :)

Badspot

• Administrator
Ok I fixed the SMF theme, removed flash, marquee, glow, and shadow.  I reset everyone to the YaBB theme because i modified it to remove the extraneous gay crap.  If you want to see gay crap and  have tiny unreadable buttons, you can switch to the SMF theme.

I woudn't have known about a flash secruity risk, but it makes sense to get rid of it.

I didn't have much problems with glow or shadow, but people didn't need it before.

But THANK YOU for getting rid of marquee.  That was already abused to the point of people wanting to hurt someone...

Badspot

• Administrator
Glow and shadow are IE specific things.  So I don't like to support them, also it helps to avoid confusion. 

I would suggest that you make it so when people reach a certain title like senior member they get the choice to use the removed effects

I hate my old name and the new theme feels like windows 2000
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 06:50:32 PM by [blackmage]Cloud »

I saw this one comming.   The rank and post count was removed.

Yea we should just start fresh again, it really has no point of having 3 month old threads still being churned up again because idiots can't read the dates of posts.

Dude, get invision!

Invisionplus websites are some of the best around, and its so easy to skin them.

Website is uhhh....

www.invisionplus.net