Author Topic: Cant host my server.  (Read 850 times)

Ping is ---
Have always been able to host a server, but I haven't made one in a year, tried to today and it didn't work. Any updates which have changed things? Only thing I've done to my computer/internet is upgraded the motherboard and CPU.

why's your ping --- ?
and what happends when you try to host?

By replacing the mobo you've got a different mac address, so your router probly gave you a different IP. Make sure your port forwarding still points at the right computer

By replacing the mobo you've got a different mac address, so your router probly gave you a different IP. Make sure your port forwarding still points at the right computer
Has someone made a quick tutorial for port forwarding yet? I never had to forward before.

Has someone made a quick tutorial for port forwarding yet? I never had to forward before.
Sure, there's a whole website with tutorials for every router:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

First select your router brand, close the ad in the top right corner, select your router model, select blockland, then follow the guide

Tried to portforward, broke Internet.

Tried to portforward, broke Internet.
How the forget do you do that

Well, does the server work now?

unforwarded my server :/

Your server having --- ping can be caused by a couple things. First, make sure that your IP is static and not dynamic external IP. To check this, find out your current IP and write it down somewhere. Then restart your router. Check your IP address again. If it has changed, then you have a dynamic external IP. If your IP is dynamic, you want to change it to static. This link will help you with that : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

If your IP is static and you are sure you have correctly port-forwarded, check to see whether you have UPnP enabled on your router. The way you check usually varies depending on the router that you currently have. It can also be useful to disable the check box in the in-game options menu, if you haven't already.

If all else fails, I have heard from multiple people that, for whatever reason, joining someone else server and then leaving to host their own, have fixed the problem for them. I have no idea how this would work out, but perhaps as a last resort this may help you.

It could also just be Blockland being a fart  :cookieMonster:

What router do you have? A brand and model number preferably.