Author Topic: Is Blockland dying?  (Read 10471 times)

I honestly haven't touched Blockland in years.
But when I did a couple days ago, it seems like there were half the servers there used to be, the add-ons page was at a sort of standstill, and everything felt slow and quiet.
What's been going on?
You should have been here the moment it got on steam.
2k players online

It is interesting to note that looking at the Forum History there is a bit less forum activity these past few months although there's definitely a notable amount of page views. However I think there's been many interesting topics on Gallery, Modification, and General Discussion with intuitive or fun builds/mods and servers, albeit I think it is fair to say there's been less clan activity as of late, and I think the influx of people buying the game has been higher than ever. I'm also noticing there are more returning players which is cool, like Lordy Lord hasn't hosted a lot until Summer hit.

Fall is just a slower season than the others if you check out the trends in the Forum History - although not exactly representative of in-game activity, I wouldn't know as much because I log into Blockland probably once or thrice every month - but come Winter or Summer there'll be more people back playing I think, so all in all Blockland isn't out of commission just yet! I really don't think people should be phrasing "Why are there less people playing recently?" as "Is Blockland Dying?" because when I think of a game dying I think uh-oh Badspot fell into a pool of lava no one can pay for servers everyone is bailing their cars!

thank you for filling the rip blockland thread

School started, so people aren't able to play as much anymore.

Also, RIP Blockland.
fun fact: my post inspired that topic. it was the last one on the list (originally).

fun fact: my post inspired that topic. it was the last one on the list (originally).
Thats not the badge of honour that you want.

I'm not sure what's with all the unhelpful replies in this topic.

Blockland does look dead compared to a few years ago.

I'm not sure what's with all the unhelpful replies in this topic.

Blockland does look dead compared to a few years ago.
True but the OP's question has been already answered.

The game looks dead compared to a few years ago. By dead, I mean a bit inactive or lower player count than usual.

True but the OP's question has been already answered.
Don't see where, actually. Though the answer is simple - development has slowed down a lot, and players are simply losing interest because nothing happens anymore.

Plus players on line usually spike on weekends, holidays, all throughout May, and during summer. So I'm not surprised there aren't alot of players right now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:26:44 PM by Red Spy »

You made me check my profile, and I saw I registered on 9/11.
Oh

I think you read it wrong.
September 10th

this game is pretty dead to me, dont know 'bout you guys