Going to New York or getting braces. I need help deciding.

Author Topic: Going to New York or getting braces. I need help deciding.  (Read 878 times)

So I want a set of unbiased eyes for this situation. But basically, my school in Arizona is offering a cheap 5-day trip to New York for a total of $1300 by January 2016 but it would force my parents to have to cancel a dentist appointment to get braces on Monday which is $1900. My Mom argued the importance of braces which I know are necessary (especially given the teeth I have) and that I would go to Turkey in 2016 anyway. My Dad is indifferent to the choice I make. I certainly love the idea of visiting the country but I also think it's important to get braces as there could be problems further along in my life. I have very little time to think about this thoroughly but I hope BLF will at least make me consider the facts in a different perspective. First world problems

Here are the facts:
- Want to go to New York
- I think braces are important
- I have some rather crooked teeth
- New York is cheaper
- Will be going to Turkey in Summer 2016 (Also never went there)

So should I take the school trip to New York or get braces?

ADDITIONAL NOTE: The braces are normally $3375 so this is a special deal as well
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:35:16 PM by JJJMan4 »

Take the trip to New York then get braces?

Getting braces will impact your whole life (for the good), going to New York isn't worth it. Nowhere close. You'll regret not getting braces every time you look in the mirror later down the road

But why can't you just reschedule getting braces?

Braces are as kool as glasses

Go to New York then get braces.
inb4 new jack off and leave

Braces. NY will always be there for you but you can only get braces until a certain age.

Braces. NY will always be there for you but you can only get braces until a certain age.
What if NY gets nuked

New York will last a few weeks. Bad teeth will last a lifetime. Assuming you can't afford it in the future anyway

On a level of one to British how bad are your teeth?

On a level of one to British how bad are your teeth?
Bad enough.

Consider this the fastest solution. Alright then, braces it is and I'm locking.