Author Topic: Stupid question of the month: Where the hell are chatlogs stored?  (Read 532 times)

I always, always, always hear about chatlogs. Where are they stored if they are?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

well there is a client addon that allows you to enable chat echo into the console, I think it's theblackparrot's chat mod or something like that
as for the vanilla game there isn't a default place that chat is stored iirc
gimme a few minutes and I'll dig that addon I mentioned out of my folder and give it to you

chat is not logged in a permanent place by default

if you are hosting a server the chat will be in your console.log but will be wiped upon launching the game again

there are several addons that log chat as mentioned by mrmii21

All chat logs are stored within the server's console.log. When you host a server, all chat messages can be found there.
However, you cannot currently store the chat log of other servers that you connect to without the help of a third party add-on.

If you're going to use my chat mod (please use this link, not the mediafire link), they're stored in config/client/chatlogs.
Logging isn't enabled by default, so you'll need to go into the chat options to enable it (it's in the standard options menu where the chat text size use to be).

If you're going to use my chat mod (please use this link, not the mediafire link), they're stored in config/client/chatlogs.
Logging isn't enabled by default, so you'll need to go into the chat options to enable it (it's in the standard options menu where the chat text size use to be).

NOEDIT: If you meant a server-sided chatlog, there are plenty out there, but I can make one for you if you need one.