Author Topic: My vehicle crashes Blockland  (Read 1187 times)

I'm making another variant of Teneksi's Crown Victoria, (yes I will release it if I fix this problem) a time machine variant, inspired by BTTF.

Anyway, it crashes the game.

Console.log

Loading Add-On: Vehicle_CrownVictoria
Executing Add-Ons/Vehicle_CrownVictoria/server.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Vehicle_CrownVictoria/CrownVictoria_Explosions.cs.

I'd check the code of the Explosions.cs file. Try causing the crash again but first put trace(1); into your console.

I'd check the code of the Explosions.cs file. Try causing the crash again but first put trace(1); into your console.
You don't understand what I'm saying.
I'll try to make it simpler

• I start Blockland
  • I select Custom
  • During the loading the came loving crashes

You don't understand what I'm saying.
I'll try to make it simpler

• I start Blockland
  • I select Custom
  • During the loading the came loving crashes

Plus the only thing I changed in the Vic.'s code is the file

And post the console.log.

And post the console.log.
You don't understand what I'm saying, are you?

Do you want the issue solved? Trace will show every command executed with the values of its parameters. It could be helpful for your crashing issue or you could continue bitching or compare your file to the original file and your modified files.

red spy, quit being a dumbass and let people help you

if you are modifying something that works and it no longer works and your game is crashing, then the problem is most likely whatever you did to it
so, what changes did you make that now crash the game?
and a trace could help debug what is going on, since you have yet to show us what you changed to break it

red spy, quit being a dumbass and let people help you

if you are modifying something that works and it no longer works and your game is crashing, then the problem is most likely whatever you did to it
so, what changes did you make that now crash the game?
and a trace could help debug what is going on, since you have yet to show us what you changed to break it
Sorry D:

Anyway, as I've said, I'm making a variant of Teneksi's CV, and I replaced the regular CV shape file in the folder with my version, (named crowntravel.dts) and I did the re-coding needed to make that work (the UI name, the name of the vehicledata, and the shape file)

I don't understand how I could trace when I can't get pass the "LOADING ADD-ONS" screen.

Open BL.
Click Custom.
Enable add-ons.
Open console and type in "trace(1);"
Hit Enter.
Close console and start server.
Wait until crash and upload console.log.
Post console.log here.

Open BL.
Click Custom.
Enable add-ons.
Open console and type in "trace(1);"
Hit Enter.
Close console and start server.
Wait until crash and upload console.log.
Post console.log here.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up

New console.log

Yeah, is it something to do with the car's shape file?

It crashes when executin the Explosions file. Check to see if there isn't an infinite loop or anything else worthy of a crash without warning.

Noedit: What exactly did you modify?

It crashes when executin the Explosions file. Check to see if there isn't an infinite loop or anything else worthy of a crash without warning.
How do I do that?
Noedit: What exactly did you modify?
I changed the shape file from the standard CV (the non-police version) to the custom one I made, then I edited the code to make that work
IE changing the UI name and the shape file the crownvictora_vehicle.cs uses