Author Topic: Retail News  (Read 12832 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Lego may want to buy the game from me.  What happens next depends on numbers. 

uhh... end of news. 

thats just great :D
i would defenetly (and even more so) buy it if lego bought it ;P

no offense meant, but heck i would buy it anyway, even if they dont buy it ^_^

:cookie: *eats* :cookieMonster:

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing...

I am guessing a very good thing. Yay! Blockland is gunna be bought by Lego!

What would happen if Lego didn't want to buy it?  Would you just scrap the project, release it for free, or just change some stuff and release it again?

I think that would be a bad idea(no offence), but they probably wont le you keep working on it, then they would charged and fortune, and maake it a bad game.

I just hope its still moddable, I could do such fun things with Badspots new physics code.

Wait, if they buy it, does that mean you won't be working on it anymore?

and wouldn't they make it so we couldn't mod it anymore :(

I think if they buy it, Eric Heartman will be the boss in the Blockland project or something and likely they will give him atleast 3 or 5 poeple.
Scratch that. LEGO isnt a software company.

Anyway, having LEGO let you do it would mean less trouble and alot of promotions.(IE commercials)

did you get a legal guy to help you with all this? or are you still contacting them yourself?

What if LEGO screws it all up and releases some game that sucks? What if they take all the modding ability out?

Then we all keep playing the beta.

Im sure that they will make BS make a dso'd version of BL so there can not be any thefts.
But it will be moddable anyway although harder.

Well if Lego were to buy it they might hand over all the games data to EA, Eidos, Vu, Insomniac, the guys who made splinter cell or some other company but i bet NC soft could make this game better they made City of Heroes, Guild Wars and soon Auto Asult so if that were to happen we just might be screwed.

since lego wasn't exactly nice enough to let us use lego skins, I would be sort of mad at them, but thats probaly a bad reason, giving lego blockland though I doubt would be a good idea, unless they don't take stuff out, and they leave it as modable as it would be.