Author Topic: Blockland Crashes when starting a server  (Read 1363 times)

After I launch a multiplayer server I get a window that says "Blockland.exe has stopped working" then after that it closes the program. I have attached the log, what is the problem, and what should I do to fix it?

It appears as though it crashes after trying to load "Script_FilmBots".
I suggest deleting it and trying again.

Thanks, but it looks like it crashes on other stuff also

Thanks, but it looks like it crashes on other stuff also
Yeah, that time it cut off after loading "Projectile_GravityRocket", which is a default add-on...
Try emptying your add-ons folder, and if that doesn't work, see what happens if you reinstall.

Do you mean delete all my addons then put them back in the folder?

Do you mean delete all my addons then put them back in the folder?
No, I mean completing delete everything in it and don't put them back.
Deleting all of your add-ons will help figure out whether or not it was an add-on causing the problem.

Deleting all of your add-ons will help figure out whether or not it was an add-on causing the problem.
Well back them up so you can add them back in until you find the problem.
Don't just completely delete them forever.

Ya, it is taking forever to back them up

A common strategy is to move (not copy) all of your add-ons into a backup folder and put them back into the add-ons folder one by one until the problem returns. Once the problem returns, you know which one caused the problem.

Ya, it is taking forever to back them up
NO EDIT: If it's taking a while to move all of them, you should probably consider deleting a few anyways just to free up some space.

A common strategy is to move (not copy) all of your add-ons into a backup folder and put them back into the add-ons folder one by one until the problem returns. Once the problem returns, you know which one caused the problem.
Thanks, I was Copying and Pasting, until you gave me the advice, thanks

Ok, I moved the addons, and it works fine

So, is the problem a client or system addon?

Ok, I moved the addons, and it works fine
Then, chances are, one of the add-ons had some sort of corrupted code causing the game to crash.
Try putting each add-on back in one at a time until the problem returns. This will indicate which one is broken.
If you don't feel like taking the time to do that, then...you'll just have to live with not knowing.

Then, chances are, one of the add-ons had some sort of corrupted code causing the game to crash.
Try putting each add-on back in one at a time until the problem returns. This will indicate which one is broken.
If you don't feel like taking the time to do that, then...you'll just have to live with not knowing.
Ok, will do. Thank you all for your help!