Native American boy pulled from class due to Mohawk

Author Topic: Native American boy pulled from class due to Mohawk  (Read 2450 times)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/native-american-boy-pulled-from-class-over-mohawk-haircut/ar-AAevCSR

Jakobe Sanden walked into his second-grade classroom with his backpack and a brand new Mohawk — a hairstyle, his father says, that represents Jakobe’s Native American roots. But it’s a symbol his school called a distraction — one that got him pulled from class.

Earlier this week, 7-year-old Jakobe was sent to the principal’s office at Arrowhead Elementary School in Santa Clara, Utah. His father, Gary Sanden, said administrators told him the hairstyle violated school policy. School officials called his parents and asked them to get it cut.

“I told the superintendent I was in no means going to cut his hair because it’s a symbol of who we are,” Sanden, 43, told The Washington Post.

The issue has since been resolved, and Jakobe is still in school; but, his parents say, they had to “jump through hurdles” to keep it that way.

ridiculous

What kind of school calls themselves Arrowhead and then denies a native kid to partake in his culture?

based from the picture of him, its not even ridiculously long or anything like that. i dont see how its distracting by any means

read as 'Native American boy pulled from class due to Tomahawk'

On topic: Yeah, mohawks are pretty stuffty haircuts anyway

even though its a fuccboi haircut theres nothing wrong with it

is schools doing stupid stuff gonna be like cops killing black people now

are we gonna send him a ton of hair cosmetics for being a hero

read as 'Native American boy pulled from class due to Tomahawk'

On topic: Yeah, mohawks are pretty stuffty haircuts anyway

School policy is school policy. I've actually never quite understood grooming policies in schools beyond "don't be nasty," but that's the way it is.

i don't see why you needed to include his ethnicity but ok

schools have this for everyone, at least where i'm at. no mohawks or really bright hair or really long sideburns and other stuff like that

plus mohawks are attention grabbing hairstyles

it's the same as the article title but ok

"a hairstyle, his father says, that represents Jakobe’s Native American roots."
"“It’s ironic the school is named Arrowhead,” Gary Sanden said."

It's the article title. The mohawk is a Native American hairstyle. Put 2 and 2 together.

its part of the reason he had the haircut but ok

okay i got it was in the article you loving roosterheads don't need to tell me seventeen times
its part of the reason he had the haircut but ok
ok cool

okay i got it was in the article you loving roosterheads don't need to tell me seventeen timesok cool
today we learned that you cant read or count