Author Topic: Taboo's Making a Weapon Pack Again - new bread because i got banned ¯\(ツ)/¯  (Read 3011 times)

What I have:
  • Models
  • Animations
  • Sounds
  • Fancy effects
  • Hitmarkers & impact sweeteners
  • Headshots
  • Iron-sighting
  • Basic spread

What I want:
  • Simple ammo system

What I would really appreciate:
  • Limited ammo with restocking from dropped weapons
  • Weapon spread bloom/recoil
  • Dedicated inventory slots (primary, secondary, etc)
  • Weapon slinging to accent that?
  • Weapon spawning costs

I wouldn't mind throwing around some money for this if you can show me that you're worth it. Contact me however you want as soon as you think you can, because I'd like this to be classified as "things I can have done before I die to MGSV's might," ie. done before September.

Visual Progress Preview

quick note that there is still no ammo system, the animations are just being forced to play to show them off, and they're also not quite final
supposedly Alphadin'll do it but who knows, right now I'm looking at the ammo system Crystalwarrior posted that's that's in his HL2 weapons
also, the grenade's explosion effects haven't been worked on yet ¯\(ツ)/¯
finally, i sort of make fun of myself by showing this issue, but at some point i'll have the models set up with two differently animated models and an enormous first person offset to simulate world models, similar to what Spaaace Guy's invisibility watches used, so that your gun doesn't appear to be floating around your hand operating itself in third person

Pistol A
FNP Tactical

Suppressed

Grenade
M67

Video

thanks meng

looks climax worthy, but idk if it fits well.
Still climax worthy
thanks, i'm still pretty on the fence about exactly how much detail i want to put in, the AR i've had sitting around for a little while is pretty detailed so i dunno. it's something i'm not especially worried about just yet, but i'll have to look at everything at some point and probably make some changes.

evading a ban for the 20th time?
i think you should be ban on sight by now.

the suppressor on that gun is horrendously large and could use a lot of work

suppressors are actually enormous, despite what media might tell you; this model in particular, the Silencerco Osprey suppressor, is around 8 inches long, a spot longer than the FNP's slider, so it's proportionally accurate.

define "a lot of work", there are notches on the muzzle side that i decided to omit and that's it

thanks for reiterating something i already addressed without elaborating at all

so, i'm looking at your suppressor and this image of various suppressors i found on wikimedia

and the suppressor on your gun looks extremely fat when compared to the ones in the image, especially how it covers the entire front of the gun instead of just the barrel

i'm basing this off of the middle-sized gun

also, in the picture in the op

it looks to be about twice as long as the actual gun; this is probably just perspective though
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:53:14 PM by WaterOre »

to be fair it IS realistic:

same gun, silencer I think he mentioned earlier(silencerco?) attached.
it looks to be about twice as long as the actual gun; this is probably just perspective though
It is indeed just perspective - FOV settings make this illusion possible.

It's realistic but doesn't fit well in blockland. Shorten the silencer a bit and everybody's happy

Looks good, but too high poly for Blockland.

so, i'm looking at your suppressor and this image of various suppressors i found on wikimedia
https://silencerco.com/products/osprey/

It's realistic but doesn't fit well in blockland. Shorten the silencer a bit and everybody's happy
Looks good, but too high poly for Blockland.
i'm still not 100% sure how i'm going to proportion and detail things for a real release; see:
i'm still pretty on the fence about exactly how much detail i want to put in, the AR i've had sitting around for a little while is pretty detailed so i dunno. it's something i'm not especially worried about just yet, but i'll have to look at everything at some point and probably make some changes.
basically, i'll worry about it when i think i can afford to

IMO the silencer on the pistol is perfect. Good work so far.

I like them but the handles seem way too smooth for a blockhead and same with the grenade