Author Topic: Problem With Skype's Connection  (Read 1386 times)

You may may not of noticed but for most skype users, its in a constant loop of trying to connect, this is a bug, which is trying to be patched out as we speak.
If you try to sign out you will not be able to sign back in, as I said it's trying to be fixed so just be patient.
Some alternatives for calls and such would be http://www.oovoo.com and http://rabb.it/
There is also a beta Skype avalible, but only for desktop, here.

shamelessly taken from tumblr

Was well aware of this. I logged out and logged in without any issues. All Skype chats are working fine; just calls and online presence that's broken.

PS: In future, don't listen to Tumblr. This is the official Skype maintenance/status blog which gets updated quickly.

Was well aware of this. I logged out and logged in without any issues. All Skype chats are working fine; just calls and online presence that's broken.

PS: In future, don't listen to Tumblr. This is the official Skype maintenance/status blog which gets updated quickly.
my B
It might be different for you though, considering you live in Australia and I like in the US, if more people say that it works for then I'll lock
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:05:59 AM by Niff »

"Leonas Sendrauskas" is probably the Greekest name i've ever seen, it's probably international

I'm having this problem currently.

Edit: I can still talk to friends, but it shows them being offline and that I'm still reconnecting using the blue circle symbol.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:11:44 AM by ButlerBlockhead125 »

I had this problem for ages after I last updated.
It appears to have stopped for now.

Oh wait, this is a different issue, which I'm also experiencing.
Before Skype wouldn't log-in after I input my username and password, and would just load indefinitely. I never got to see my contacts list or anything.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:04:59 AM by sir dooble »

Skype is stuff. When a hosts mic is muted nobody who joins can hear. Skype randomly hangs users up and they still hear the call. You outright cannot join conversations at times, minion emotes are disgusting, this and how it's barely stable for having a loving conversion

discord for life tbh
it's filled with loving memes, but at the very least it actually works

Skype is stuff. When a hosts mic is muted nobody who joins can hear. Skype randomly hangs users up and they still hear the call. You outright cannot join conversations at times, minion emotes are disgusting, this and how it's barely stable for having a loving conversion
I have emotes turned off on PC and did not know about the minion emotes till I seen the orange dot on the emotes button on the phone.

As for the "cannot join conversations" problem, it's because the host of the call needs to be in your contacts for god knows what reason.

I have emotes turned off on PC and did not know about the minion emotes till I seen the orange dot on the emotes button on the phone.

As for the "cannot join conversations" problem, it's because the host of the call needs to be in your contacts for god knows what reason.
one reason was my mic was muted, that isn't the issue anymore

Also you cant disable emoji with video from what I see
It just doesn't work
discord for life tbh
it's filled with loving memes, but at the very least it actually works
how is it, like using it on a day to day basis? My friends might move their soon
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:54:05 AM by Nal »

how is it, like using it on a day to day basis? My friends might move their soon
i pretty much only use it for Le Competitive Events, but it's never let me down, i don't see why it'd have any issues being used regularly

Decided to test the logout and login. Won't log in.
GG skype

All back to normal now, like just moments ago it seems.