Author Topic: Getting rid of fog?  (Read 1556 times)

is there a console command or something i can use to get rid of fog? i know fog goes away when you make the ground invisible but i still need the ground. thanks

Set fog distance all the way up

Set fog distance all the way up
no i mean completely

i want to have like a transparent ground (like a glass look) and to be able to see the environment below it, but the fog goes over the below environment

There is no way to completely get rid of fog all together.
The best you can do is increase fog distance and visible distance all the way and try to match the fog color with the sky box.

Just go to advanced mode and set alpha channel on the ground color to 0? I'm not sure what fog you're talking about...

Or maybe I'm wrong...
Its actually really easy. In the environment file, it has something like
Code: [Select]
$Sky::fogColor 0.41 0.6 0.90 1.0 ^This environment already has VERY LITTLE FOG
Just set the last value to 0
$Sky::fogColor 0.41 0.6 0.90 0
Note: I am just looking at code and taking guesses. I may be completely wrong.

alpha of 1 means it's solid (how is that very little? I think that's a different setting)
the 0 should make it invisible

alpha of 1 means it's solid (how is that very little? I think that's a different setting)
i was thinking that maybe i could type that in the console to see if it would work (ofc in its like console format $Sky::fogColor = "$Sky::fogColor 0.41 0.6 0.90 1.0";)

i didnt get an error, but it didnt want to work. but then i switched it to advanced environment and then it turned blue (which means it worked), then i tried typing in another command and stopped working (of course by "not working" i mean the command changing fog)

i was thinking that maybe i could type that in the console to see if it would work (ofc in its like console format $Sky::fogColor = "$Sky::fogColor 0.41 0.6 0.90 1.0";)

i didnt get an error, but it didnt want to work. but then i switched it to advanced environment and then it turned blue (which means it worked), then i tried typing in another command and stopped working (of course by "not working" i mean the command changing fog)
i realize i pasted  $Sky::fogColor again on accident in this post

there
$Sky::fogColor = "0.41 0.6 0.90 1.0";

i realize i pasted  $Sky::fogColor again on accident in this post

there
$Sky::fogColor = "0.41 0.6 0.90 1.0";
Try
$Sky::fogColor = "0.41 0.6 0.90 0";

alpha of 1 means it's solid

Try
$Sky::fogColor = "0.41 0.6 0.90 0";

loops. i should have clarified that i already did this (didnt work)

You need to apply it directly to the sky so
Sky.fogColor = "0.41 0.6 0.90 0";
Sky.sendUpdate();

It would help if you show us what's happening that you don't want.
Also try setting
Sky.noRenderBans=1;
Sky.sendUpdate();