When is your fall break?

Author Topic: When is your fall break?  (Read 1918 times)

Don't you mean summer vacation? My spring break ends today.
Do you actually call September Spring? Or do you still normally refer to it as Autumn, even though it's not as cold/wet as Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere?

'Cause I thought Australia, for example, still called December Winter, even though it's hot and sunny at that time of the year, rather than calling it Summer.

Do you actually call September Spring? Or do you still normally refer to it as Autumn, even though it's not as cold/wet as Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere?

'Cause I thought Australia, for example, still called December Winter, even though it's hot and sunny at that time of the year, rather than calling it Summer.

No they're reversed. When I was little I used to think that it would be January in one hemisphere and June in the other.

Summer break is december - march. Autumn break is may. Winter break is july-august. Spring break is september.

No they're reversed. When I was little I used to think that it would be January in one hemisphere and June in the other.
I know the months are the same. When it's December in the North it's December in the South.
But when it's December in the North, we say the season is Winter.
I thought that when it's December in the South, they still call the season Winter, even though it's the warmest season, rather than calling it Summer.

But I guess I'm wrong.

i get a week break in october

uhm

the closest thing i get to a "fall break" is a 4-day weekend in october.
lol.

theres no such thing as a fall break here but there is a spring break

"fall break" is a few days off for thanksgiving maybe but that depends on what day thanksgiving falls upon

I know the months are the same. When it's December in the North it's December in the South.
But when it's December in the North, we say the season is Winter.
I thought that when it's December in the South, they still call the season Winter, even though it's the warmest season, rather than calling it Summer.

But I guess I'm wrong.
We aren't butt-stupid like the aussies.

thanksgiving break is the closest thing I can relate to that which is about 5 days long

Mine is in november for thanksgiving, september is not fall idc what you say

We aren't butt-stupid like the aussies.
Uhh what?

December is our summer, and we call the season summer. Why would any of you think differently?

Because according to sir dooble, you reffer to December as Winter even though you have a billion degrees C.