Rust Gamemode in Blockland

Author Topic: Rust Gamemode in Blockland  (Read 3309 times)

Rust

What is this?

I'd like to announce my development of the recreation of Rust in Blockland. I have worked on this for a few weeks in my free time. I currently started on a few planned features, but there is nothing much yet. I may host a dev server to show the progress I've done, but I'll say when I'm hosting. I plan to host this on a large scale server once this is entirely done, since this gamemode is meant to be hosted on a huge map with many players (Limited to 255).

This gamemode is supposed to be just like the actual game, Rust. Players will start out completely naked while holding a stone in their hand. They must collect different natural materials to craft their own items and survive. Some players may want to survive on their own, and others may want to pair up in groups. Any players may want to kill on sight. Thats fine by me, since the map is big enough to not have many spawn kills.

Planned Features

• Main Gamemode
  • Inventory
  • Blueprint / Crafting
  • Building using metal or wood
  • Player HUD (WIP)
  • Player Status (Health, Temperature, Hunger, Thirst, Wetness, Energy.)
  • Client GUI for crafting & status(?)
  • Generated Terrain
  • Some Items (Torch, Bow, Stone, Stick, Spear)
  • Some Bricks (Campfire, Ugly furnace)
  • Weapons (maybe Adventure pack)
  • Randomly seeded player skins & genders
  • Animal Bots
  • Player Looting
  • Player Clothes
  • Censor Bars (Thanks Zapk)

Who's involved?

• Honno - Coded most of the gamemode, made some items.
  • Dannu - Modeled a lot of bricks and other items.

Screenshots

I'll post screenshots of my progress soon.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:26:52 PM by Honno »

Thank god there are censor bars.

1v1 me rust
JK. I wish you luck in this

Thank god there are censor bars.

Inb4 "What's the command to disable censor bars?"

how do you generate terrain?

how do you generate terrain?

with a program i wrote in c++

There have been server instabilities at as low as 100 players, so trying to do 255 wouldn't be recommended.

There have been server instabilities at as low as 100 players, so trying to do 255 wouldn't be recommended.

i dont think a bl server would even reach above 100 players this year.

If I could help in any way let me know. I am big on Rust and would like to see this finished in BL.

i dont think a bl server would even reach above 100 players this year.
idk what about newyears

I dunno, my server has been at 79 with no signs of letting up and the various New Years servers hosted by Kalphiter didn't have any problems as far as I know. Nal's New Years has had a lot of issues though.

Let me know if you need help with building Honno.