Author Topic: Blockland black screen  (Read 2635 times)

I recently started fresh on a new hard drive with a fresh install of Windows 7. My old hard drive is fully accessible from this new drive.

My problem now is, after I install Blockland with no problem whatsoever, it launches with a black screen. The launcher window is fully black, and then after the launcher is done, the actual game window launches, which is not in fullscreen, and it itself is fully black.

I thought this obviously was a graphics driver problem, so I went to the Intel website, and downloaded the latest drivers, which it told me I already had anyway. I installed and restarted as told to. This did not work. I used the Intel driver utility to detect missing/outdated drivers, and it did. It failed to install the driver it downloaded for me, so I manually searched the exact name on the Intel website and installed it fully, restart and all, without issue.

Now I am not sure what to do, as the problem persists. Blockland works fine whenever I start up Windows 7 on my other hard drive, although there is something wrong on my other drive with Windows, and that is that the resolution cannot be anything but stretched.

If anyone could help, I would very much appreciate it. I attached my console log file if needed.

Seems like a hardware failure problem

I don't often like asking this, but considering the circumstances, have you tried reinstalling Blockland?
Try it on both your new drive with the clean Windows 7 install as well as your old drive.

I don't often like asking this, but considering the circumstances, have you tried reinstalling Blockland?
Try it on both your new drive with the clean Windows 7 install as well as your old drive.

I have done both, nothing.

Seems like a graphics card problem.

Try installing drivers from the company's official website.

do you know if you're using two graphics cards or one?
if you're in a laptop, there's a good chance you could have two and could try setting the other one to be used instead
(ie integrated intel vs NVidia)

Seems like a graphics card problem.

Try installing drivers from the company's official website.

What I meant when I said I went to Intel's website was that I was installing drivers for the integrated graphics card on my motherboard.

do you know if you're using two graphics cards or one?
if you're in a laptop, there's a good chance you could have two and could try setting the other one to be used instead
(ie integrated intel vs NVidia)

Desktop, only one, and it's integrated Intel.

what if you try something like BL portable?

I notice that your graphics card only supports OpenGL 1.4.
I don't know what version of OpenGL Blockland requires, but 1.4 might be too old.

I don't know what version of OpenGL Blockland requires, but 1.4 might be too old.

NO EDIT: Ignore my stupidity...

This could be the problem, since both hardrives could have different OpenGL versions

This could be the problem, since both hardrives could have different OpenGL versions
lolwhat

Harddrives have nothing to do with the OpenGL your GPU supports.

OpenGL versions are not installed on your hard drive.
Graphics cards are either designed to support OpenGL or they aren't.
But it doesn't matter anyways. I was just being stupid and read the console.log wrong.

Yes, OpenGL shouldn't be the problem. I know I have a bad computer not fit for gaming at all, but Blockland has been able to work on every stuffty office desktop computer I have installed it on.

I will try this.

I will try this.

Same results, attached log from the portable version.