Author Topic: [BRICK] Missing Faces in Ghost/FX  (Read 604 times)

I ran into a mysterious issue with missing faces when it's in ghost brick or applied with FX paint.

I modeled the brick in Blender 2.76, exported to OBJ, then used General's OBJ2BLB.

The faces are facing in the right direction and the normals has been calculated and "top"/"bottom" are rendered flat while the sides are smooth.

When spawned as ghost brick in game, the "bottom" faces disappears and appeared mirrored if you look at the other side. However when placed, the faces show up.

When I apply all FXs except glow, the "bottom" faces disappears once again.

Does anyone else ran into this problem too?

EDIT: I discovered the source of this issue.

I moved the quads from "Top" and "Bottom" category to "Omni" quads in the brick's .blb file and it worked.

Makes sense since the brick is odd-shaped and the game was having a hard time understanding where the quads are facing.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:59:18 PM by WhoooMan »

I can't remember the exact cause for this but I'm fairly certain it is a problem with normals. (I know you said you fixed them.) I've made a number of bricks with General's converter and I have also had the problem of bricks missing faces in ghost mode but I've always managed to fix it somehow. It could also be a problem with incorrect quad sorting. Try disabling coverage by settings the values to 0 : 999 for all directions and seeing if that fixes the problem.