Author Topic: Ice Castle - MotE application  (Read 4565 times)

Maybe a bit too much detail, but i like it

Yeh it also kind of needs more detail like interior its kinda blaa outside but otherwise 8/10.

Don't listen to these heathens. They complain if theres no detail, then complain if theres too much. They complain if its macro'd, then will mock someone else who says he built it all by hand when "haha, you could have used macro's". Theres no winning...

Macro'd or not, the initial sections must be designed built and recorded. So, you save a bit of time making wall sections, or maybe the 4 corner turrets, or the finials (sp?) on the staircases. I'd macro them too rather than build them over and over, its common sense.

Regardless of the macroing, the detail is good. Its a pretty unique design too (in some respects) and overall i was impressed when i looked at it. 8/10.

As for critique... Well, it would have been better if it wasn't all based around a simple square castle. Everyone makes them square when you could have a round section in one corner, side buildings, outhoses, stables etc. Build some, extra towers, expand it a bit. You "could" also embelish around the place, add some extra small items like tables, stained glass windows maybe, lights/chadaliers from ceilings. A splash of colour around would add to it too i think but don't ruin the "ice" theme.

8/10 as is. 9/10 with a little more work (no-one gets a 10, even the Titanic is a 9.9 :) )

You just contradicted yourself. You say we're heathens for complaining about not enough detail, yet you go and say that.

Alright, Warren, as a friend I can tell you its great, but as a critiquing I still tell you its great. BUT, its not awesome. And now I don't admit that I myself am some awesome builder either, and that the theater and little house are worthy of anything, I'm just saying, at least with those builds I payed attention to the small details. Or really I should say you did. What you did with the fireplace is exactly what people want from this build.

So think about that, no one will get what I just said, but hey, you will. And I stand by what I said: 8/10.

CONGRATS YOU GET THESE:  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :panda: :panda: :panda: :panda: :iceCream: :iceCream: :iceCream: :iceCream: :nes: :nes: :nes: :nes:
P.S. I will dl right now i will explore in single player
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:09:29 AM by Sgt. Dynamo Jet »

looks more like a normal castle or water but it has nothing to do whit "ICE"

ya it looks kinda icey you buthole!

macros are on the game to be used. Why make it by hand? does it show some "skill" that you can make 30 pillers that all look the same?

macros are on the game to be used. Why make it by hand? does it show some "skill" that you can make 30 pillers that all look the same?
Macros are meant to be used, but overusing them makes it look worse.

i was wandering under the stairway to the entrance, and all of a sudden  saw a print brick ontop of a platform that says "WARREN" on it. whats it for?

PICTURE OF "CHAMBER OF WARREN" (sewer):

PICTURE OF "CHAMBER OF WARREN" (sewer):

Thats sorta kinda his name.

i was wandering under the stairway to the entrance, and all of a sudden  saw a print brick ontop of a platform that says "WARREN" on it. whats it for?
I opened it to the public, and hid my name around some places so they couldn't steal it. (The idiots wouldn't find my name)

Also to all of you people that want more details, yet less.

Castles were square in real life.
I didn't add furniture because I was going for a "deserted" feel. Like no one has been there for hundreds of years. And we don't know what they we're like.
The outside walls are plain like every other castle.
I can't make a stable because horses don't live in them for hundreds of years.
I would've added a throne room, but there wasn't enough room.

I didn't originally intend this build to be a MotE application. I decided to just submit it for the hell of it to see if I got in. At least I had SOME chance. Right?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:16:39 AM by WRB852 »

I opened it to the public, and hid my name around some places so they couldn't steal it. (The idiots wouldn't find my name)

Oh no, the idiots, WOULD find your name... then ask what it means.

Swholli - My post is clear i think. For whats already built, the detail is good. The walls are complex enough to stand out from other peoples 2x4 plain walls. I'm suggesting adding new things, and considering some people are saying its over detailed is just laughable.

I would have voted yes, if TheGeek would'nt have veto'ed it D: