Author Topic: How to measure dedicated server performance?  (Read 1057 times)

/title. Is there a pre-existing thing to gauge this sort of thing?
An example could be the TPS system on a minecraft server where 20tps is running perfectly and on 5-10tps the CPU can't compute fast enough to keep up.

in-game netgraph i guess   press ctrl+n to get it
you can also use the cpu monitor on that computer or something

in-game netgraph i guess   press ctrl+n to get it
you can also use the cpu monitor on that computer or something
Not really looking for network performance, also it's a dedicated server so it wouldn't work either.
As for the CPU monitor I have one but I don't really want to see CPU usage, just performance.

Blockland servers are pretty much automatically running at maximum performance due to the engine not being absolute crap actually absolute crap works. The only comparable limitation Blockland's engine has is the rate at which ghost updates are sent, and you can always tell as a client if you're behind on ghost updates because you will see the "Ghosting" notification.

Noedit: If the CPU for the server literally can't keep up, the server application will hang until the CPU is free again. This causes the 'Lag' notification to show up until the server isn't hung up. Due to this, all you need to know for actual server load is your current network and CPU usage. The server application can only utilize one core of your CPU, so if you have a quad-core CPU Blockland will hang up at 25% usage.

Blockland servers are pretty much automatically running at maximum performance due to the engine not being absolute crap actually absolute crap works. The only comparable limitation Blockland's engine has is the rate at which ghost updates are sent, and you can always tell as a client if you're behind on ghost updates because you will see the "Ghosting" notification.
Noedit: If the CPU for the server literally can't keep up, the server application will hang until the CPU is free again. This causes the 'Lag' notification to show up until the server isn't hung up. Due to this, all you need to know for actual server load is your current network and CPU usage. The server application can only utilize one core of your CPU, so if you have a quad-core CPU Blockland will hang up at 25% usage.

Both are useful information, thanks. A shame the engine is bad at handling that kind of thing.
Locking.