Author Topic: "Server could not verify your BLID"  (Read 763 times)

Been having this issue for several weeks now. Any time I try to connect to a server on any computer connected to my AT&T hotspot, I get a "Server could not verify your BLID" message and immediately get disconnected from servers. I'm very certain that it's an Internet issue likely blocking me from connecting to servers, but I'm not sure how I can fix it. I can connect to Garry's Mod and TF2 servers just fine, so it's not like I'm blocked from playing online games.

I posted the console.log since I figured someone would want to look at it, but it doesn't reveal anything special. Anything you guys can recommend me checking would be appreciated. Thanks.

a hotspot is not a connection to be joining servers with
its unstable and unsupported
move to a proper wifi or wired connection

a hotspot is not a connection to be joining servers with
its unstable and unsupported
move to a proper wifi or wired connection

I had a hotspot with Verizon for a while and when that quit I was using the hotspot from my parents' phones and Blockland worked perfectly as long as they didn't call someone or browse the Internet. This one has the best signal and connection out of all of them. I'm thinking it's something to do with preset options that can hopefully be changed.