Author Topic: A guy I really like cheated on his girlfriend  (Read 1639 times)

To be honest she's really a bitch and idk what he ever saw in her but

classic jealousy. have some respect for their relationship and back off.

ANYWAYS that's besides the point. He cheated on her before and she's AWARE of it. The relationship is forgeted on both ends, he's unhappy with her and she doesnt forgive him for the past but they continue dating?? I don't understand why if they're both unhappy

if he's gonna cheat on a girl multiple times and not break it off with her that is definitely not a sign of a good person

Here's the thing though: their relationship is absolutely none of your business. It takes two people to cheat. You can't call the guy out for being a cheating douchebag when you're a part of the loving affair. If the dude wants to end his relationship to be with you, that's something he should decide and you should stop manipulating him.

Keep in mind by the way: if this guy cheats on his girlfriend, breaks up with her, and then goes with you, there's a possibility that the exact same thing is going to happen to you. In the long run it's probably in your best interest to just leave the situation alone and stop exacerbating it by, yknow, loving her boyfriend.

Nice title change yo
????

more on topic: Pretty much exactly what Rally said. It's not really your business and you being in the situation will provoke it to an unnecessarily dramatic level - not to mention hurtful. This is beside the fact that getting involved would very likely not leave you any degree of unscathed from the sounds of it. For everyone's sake, you should probably set yourself straight as soon as is possible - pun slightly intended.

classic jealousy. have some respect for their relationship and back off.

lol. really? you can claim it's whatever for how i feel about her but i've known this girl since grade school and she's treated me like stuff from then til now. i've disliked her long before i even knew the guy.

Here's the thing though: their relationship is absolutely none of your business. It takes two people to cheat. You can't call the guy out for being a cheating douchebag when you're a part of the loving affair. If the dude wants to end his relationship to be with you, that's something he should decide and you should stop manipulating him.

my goal isnt to try and slide all the blame onto him for what was done. i obviously cant excuse what i did and it's equal with him because as you said it takes two. i completely grasp this. what i dont understand is how you drew the conclusion im manipulating him, i haven't said anything to him that even suggests i'd want him to break up with her.

Keep in mind by the way: if this guy cheats on his girlfriend, breaks up with her, and then goes with you, there's a possibility that the exact same thing is going to happen to you. In the long run it's probably in your best interest to just leave the situation alone and stop exacerbating it by, yknow, loving her boyfriend.

i didn't plan on being with him once i realized he's got a track record for cheating on his s/o. and no, i didn't plan on aggravating the situation more by continuing to do anything with him

as of right now i've had basically 0 contact with him since then, so

i suppose i should also mention that talking to this girl who mind you does not like me and telling her i just forgeted her boyfriend has a lot of risks to it. the school i attend sees being gay as something that is frowned upon, to say the least. i want to resolve the situation but i would also rather not have the information that i am gay in the hands of my entire school, it's not even about being made fun of for it moreso as it is being given death threats. if i tell her i am taking the risk of hoping she doesn't decide to tell the entire school

so now i'm starting to think the best option is to just cease contact with him and move on, telling her she's been cheated on is a bit of a gamble

so now i'm starting to think the best option is to just cease contact with him and move on, telling her she's been cheated on is a bit of a gamble
From the way you put it, it's way worse than a gamble. You say she hates your guts, she already knows she's been cheated on multiple times by him, and if you add yourself to the list she's only going to want to be malevolent toward you. Say, by revealing your loveuality to the school, perhaps.

The fact that you're attracted to this guy and acting on it without thinking about these sorts of things is not a good thing. Also, the fact that you're addressing criticism before addressing the main points isn't real productive. Regardless, I suggest you take your decided decision when you can before the situation gets even more sticky.

The fact that you're attracted to this guy and acting on it without thinking about these sorts of things is not a good thing.

i know

Also, the fact that you're addressing criticism before addressing the main points isn't real productive.

was really only addressing the post from top to bottom, not picking out the main point of it first

Regardless, I suggest you take your decided decision when you can before the situation gets even more sticky.

unless someone else has a better idea, it looks like what i'm going with

????
On my screen the title was just "Re:         " in your post so I thought you changed it
But I'm on my iPod so maybe it glitched it or something idk

lol. really? you can claim it's whatever for how i feel about her but i've known this girl since grade school and she's treated me like stuff from then til now. i've disliked her long before i even knew the guy.

You've admitted attraction to the dude so you're going to experience a natural bias against his significant other. It's primal stuff, your opinion of her is going to be clouded. Either way, it's not your position to decide how her boyfriend should feel about her.

what i dont understand is how you drew the conclusion im manipulating him, i haven't said anything to him that even suggests i'd want him to break up with her.

To get someone to cheat on their partner with you requires a fundamental amount of manipulation.

i didn't plan on being with him once i realized he's got a track record for cheating on his s/o

Did you come to this realization before or after you forgeted a guy in a committed relationship?

as of right now i've had basically 0 contact with him since then, so

i suppose i should also mention that talking to this girl who mind you does not like me and telling her i just forgeted her boyfriend has a lot of risks to it. the school i attend sees being gay as something that is frowned upon, to say the least. i want to resolve the situation but i would also rather not have the information that i am gay in the hands of my entire school, it's not even about being made fun of for it moreso as it is being given death threats. if i tell her i am taking the risk of hoping she doesn't decide to tell the entire school

Ceasing contact and abandoning the situation is the only option that isn't monumentally selfish or incredibly out of line. This is somebody else's relationship that you have played a significant part in damaging, I don't think it's your job to try to fix anything or inform anyone of anything. You are literally (part of) the problem.

Next time I'd strongly recommend you think of the social repercussions of a loveual act before you commit it.

Did you come to this realization before or after you forgeted a guy in a committed relationship?

>Highschool
>Committed relationship

UHHHHHHH

>Highschool
>Committed relationship

UHHHHHHH
This - in addition to the fact it's been mentioned she's well aware of her boyfriend's infidelity.

(regardless of that, though, I honestly agree with a large part of Rally's post)

it's one word
i meant 'committed' as in not 'open'. as in, ideally, two people committed to each other and not others
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:56:46 AM by Rally »

You've admitted attraction to the dude so you're going to experience a natural bias against his significant other. It's primal stuff, your opinion of her is going to be clouded. Either way, it's not your position to decide how her boyfriend should feel about her.

i dont recall saying i have any decision on how he should feel about her? my own opinion of her is my own, it's not one i expect him to hold as well. saying i don't know what he sees in her isn't me trying to force my opinion upon him either, i wouldn't ever say something like that to him. i'm sure her being his girlfriend doesn't help my opinion of her. can't really see it worsening what i think of her anymore than "oh great, this thorn in my side for 6 years is dating the guy i really like"

my opinion of her would've been biased regardless of if they were dating or not, in any situation. for example, if i got thrown in a group project with her i'd be more inclined to ignore her and do the work myself because of events that have occured a long time ago... not because of jealousy

To get someone to cheat on their partner with you requires a fundamental amount of manipulation.

you don't seem to realize he doesn't give a forget about the girl he's dating, my OP was vague because i wanted to leave out the majority of the personal details of what happened between us but if you must know he initiated what was between us. it's not like i was trying to coax him into it

not that it means much, but i really had forgotten about his girlfriend because he had stopped talking about her ages ago and i hadnt seen her at all in months. she wasn't someone of importance to me so naturally i forgot about her.

again, no, i'm not trying to excuse what i did because i was unaware of her. and when i said track record i was meaning i'm not the only person he's cheated on her with. i wasn't the first, and i wasn't aware of him doing that either to her

Ceasing contact and abandoning the situation is the only option that isn't monumentally selfish or incredibly out of line. This is somebody else's relationship that you have played a significant part in damaging, I don't think it's your job to try to fix anything or inform anyone of anything. You are literally (part of) the problem.

Next time I'd strongly recommend you think of the social repercussions of a loveual act before you commit it.

the main conflict here is do i let him get away with cheating on this girl again or do i let her know. i get it that you think its not my job to try to fix it, but your opinion isnt the only one being posted here and it's not the only relevant one

the main conflict here is do i let him get away with cheating on this girl again or do i let her know.
It... It wasn't long ago the conflict was pretty much resolved when you decided on a choice that fell pretty in line with what Rally said to begin with, i.e. ceasing contact and abandoning the situation. He has a point, regardless: not only is it an unwise decision to intervene at this point for fear of harm toward others, it's an unwise decision for your own well being.

i get it that you think its not my job to try to fix it, but your opinion isnt the only one being posted here and it's not the only relevant one
This is pretty obvious and should be kept in mind in all times. Using that as an argument is kinda silly. But regardless of whether or not it's your job or even whether or not everyone believes it's your job, the bottom line is it's a very clearly unwise job that would do worse to all involved parties.

You and Rally seem to be arguing more over intention, morality, and justification in general when the main issue has been what should be done next, which seems like it ought to have been already decided upon. The thread is kinda sorta derailed from the topic, I'd say.

You and Rally seem to be arguing more over intention, morality, and justification in general when the main issue has been what should be done next, which seems like it ought to have been already decided upon. The thread is kinda sorta derailed from the topic, I'd say.
i can agree, we're debating over points that are really irrelevant. i just feel inclined to reply because some of what he said felt like he was just drawing his own conclusions

It... It wasn't long ago the conflict was pretty much resolved when you decided on a choice that fell pretty in line with what Rally said to begin with, i.e. ceasing contact and abandoning the situation. He has a point, regardless: not only is it an unwise decision to intervene at this point for fear of harm toward others, it's an unwise decision for your own well being.

yeah i have no idea why i included that line it didnt make any sense now that i reread. i agree with his main point on the resolution but as you said we're arguing over what isn't relevant to the main issue at hand. however, it's resolved isn't it? i know what i'm going to do, so the discussion continues on with stuff other than the main issue

i dont recall saying i have any decision on how he should feel about her? my own opinion of her is my own, it's not one i expect him to hold as well. saying i don't know what he sees in her isn't me trying to force my opinion upon him either, i wouldn't ever say something like that to him. i'm sure her being his girlfriend doesn't help my opinion of her. can't really see it worsening what i think of her anymore than "oh great, this thorn in my side for 6 years is dating the guy i really like"

my opinion of her would've been biased regardless of if they were dating or not, in any situation. for example, if i got thrown in a group project with her i'd be more inclined to ignore her and do the work myself because of events that have occured a long time ago... not because of jealousy

How does any of this change the fact that you have blatant disposition against her because of your outsider view of their 'unhappy' relationship? You literally said "im not sure what he sees in her", you're saying she's not an adequate partner for him, and by loving the guy while he's still in a relationship with her you're subconsciously saying you're a better substitute. If you didn't, you wouldn't be arguing, you'd just admit that you did a stuffty thing in complete disregard of their relationship instead of trying to come up with a million excuses.
what he said felt like he was just drawing his own conclusions
You don't have to get on a soapbox and scream "THIS IS WHAT I THINK" to send a message about what you're thinking. Actions speak louder than words and your words don't really mean all that much after you forget somebody in a relationship in my opinion.

you don't seem to realize he doesn't give a forget about the girl he's dating

Did you figure this out during your "personal talk" with him? Because "other people have told me" sounds a lot like rumors and general bullstufftery. So far it seems that the only legitimate evidence we have that he is actually unfaithful is because you forgeted him. Anybody who wants to be in a relationship with someone they are not in a relationship with will make up a thousand reasons why their current relationship sucks.

I dream of a world where one day people will actually respect people's relationships and try to build them up instead of working around the clock to destroy them because they don't stand up to their personal outsider standards of what their relationship should be. Doesn't matter who initiated it, you're both completely aware that he was in a relationship with somebody else and you both disregarded that fact out of a pure lack of self control and respect.

the main conflict here is do i let him get away with cheating on this girl again or do i let her know. i get it that you think its not my job to try to fix it, but your opinion isnt the only one being posted here and it's not the only relevant one

My opinion is coming from the perspective of someone who got cucked by someone like you. Truth be told, I wouldn't want the starfish who forgeted my significant other to come to me tattling on my girlfriend, I'd rather both of you just get the forget out of my life forever instead of loving me around in the first place. I don't get it, you're going to have love with somebody and then immediately rat on them? So like not only are you gonna disrespect their relationship but you're immediately going to go snitch on him because he's somehow supposed to be held to a greater standard of resolve and self control than you are?

And here's what's really got me; why are you pretending like you give a stuff about the girlfriend? You literally just admitted that "she wasn't someone of importance to me" seen here:
not that it means much, but i really had forgotten about his girlfriend because he had stopped talking about her ages ago and i hadnt seen her at all in months. she wasn't someone of importance to me so naturally i forgot about her. again, no, i'm not trying to excuse what i did because i was unaware of her.
And that's on-top of calling her stuff like "a thorn in your side" for 6 years, a bitch, ect. What happened directly after you had love with the guy that you suddenly started giving a stuff about her feelings? The damage is already done.

Personally I think you should just walk away from these two people and let them solve their own problems instead of trying to take it into your own hands after you've taken a nice steamy stuff on top of the pile. I think you should go up to the dude you forgeted and tell him that what you did together was an idiotically childish mistake, and tell him to come clean to his girlfriend himself, so she can hear it from her significant other, and not somebody who's she's been on faulty ground with for 6 years. Because that stuff is heartbreaking as forget. Cut contact after that permanently.

But If you really wanna go snitch on the dude because you couldn't keep it in your pants, don't go up to her and pretend like you're not a perpetrator in this incident and that this is entirely her unfaithful boyfriend's fault, you both knew exactly what you were doing and you did it anyway. If you're going to be a turd you should own up to it, and you should be 100% prepared to deal with the consequences, whatever they may be.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:29:58 AM by Rally »

How does any of this change the fact that you have blatant disposition against her because of your outsider view of their 'unhappy' relationship?
my disposition for her isn't as deep rooted into my view of their unhappy relationship as you think it is. sure it's a contributing factor, however its a small one. i'm not trying to dispute that it's a contributing factor, my point is it's less of an affect on how i feel about her than you think. it really does not take a genius to realize when there are multiple affairs occuring that they are unhappy together.

You literally said "im not sure what he sees in her", you're saying she's not an adequate partner for him, and by loving the guy while he's still in a relationship with her you're subconsciously saying you're a better substitute. If you didn't, you wouldn't be arguing, you'd just admit that you did a stuffty thing in complete disregard of their relationship instead of trying to come up with a million excuses.
the only reason i'm arguing is because you are assuming so much on what happened going off a relatively vague list of events and a couple other posts that dont detail much, it really is just you filling in the missing pieces with whatever picture you want to paint of me trying to ruin everything for everyone. i've already admitted that what i did was terribly wrong. you cut out where i said im not trying to excuse what i did

You don't have to get on a soapbox and scream "THIS IS WHAT I THINK" to send a message about what you're thinking. Actions speak louder than words and your words don't really mean all that much after you forget somebody in a relationship in my opinion.
so it's alright for you to draw a conclusion on whatever you feels fitting because you think my words dont mean anything?

Did you figure this out during your "personal talk" with him? Because "other people have told me" sounds a lot like rumors and general bullstufftery. So far it seems that the only legitimate evidence we have that he is actually unfaithful is because you forgeted him. Anybody who wants to be in a relationship with someone they are not in a relationship with will make up a thousand reasons why their current relationship sucks.
i really don't want to have to keep putting more detail into this. mostly because it IS personal and my posts were vague on the subject because i wanted to be able to post and have it really just be the basic scenario and then people would discuss off that. looking back it was a dumb idea because the situation is more complex than i made it out to be. i didn't really plan for you to come in and connect the dots all backwards and claim things like that i'm making up reasons that their relationship is stuffty. it's kind of silly to expect me to give more info on the situation than i want to because you wont believe he's been unfaithful before. i would have to explain relations between my family and the people involved to explain where i heard about him cheating on her, and i'm not going to because that's too much. if you don't want to believe he's been unfaithful in the past then so be it

Doesn't matter who initiated it, you're both completely aware that he was in a relationship with somebody else and you both disregarded that fact out of a pure lack of self control and respect.
yes, and you're right. you are completely right. but you were claiming i was manipulating him. i wasn't, and telling me i had a lack of self control and respect doesn't really relate to your claim i was manipulative.

also what even is this:
working around the clock to destroy them
again with you thinking i had some hidden motive of destroying the relationship? as you say later it WAS a childish and idiotic mistake. you KNOW this was a mistake on my part and yet you are still saying that my intentions were on ruining their relationship

My opinion is coming from the perspective of someone who got cucked by someone like you.
that explains a lot behind why you are so damn heated on this and assuming what isn't explained in plain text in front of you. scenarios like this one are unique and off of your own experience you cant really assume it all played out the same, or that the people in my issue are similarly acting to yours

And here's what's really got me; why are you pretending like you give a stuff about the girlfriend? You literally just admitted that "she wasn't someone of importance to me"
dude, she's a high school girl. yeah, she's a bitch to me but it doesn't mean i wanna devastate her. being an annoying starfish during the school year doesn't mean i'm gonna wish anything bad upon you for it, it just means you're an starfish

you're misinterpreting what i mean by "not of importance to me." i meant it like shes no different to me than an acquaintance. she's not someone whos around me on the daily, so it's pretty easy to let someone who doesn't interact with you for a long time and also has had a very small impact on your life fade to the back of your memory

Personally I think you should just walk away from these two people and let them solve their own problems instead of trying to take it into your own hands after you've taken a nice steamy stuff on top of the pile. I think you should go up to the dude you forgeted and tell him that what you did together was an idiotically childish mistake, and tell him to come clean to his girlfriend himself, so she can hear it from her significant other, and not somebody who's she's been on faulty ground with for 6 years. Because that stuff is heartbreaking as forget. Cut contact after that permanently.
you're right and it's really what i plan on doing.

this topic was a mistake, i didnt really expect it to be very argumentative and if its just going to be me and rally arguing i'd rather have it continued in a PM. i don't want to continue this in a thread