Author Topic: [W.I.P] Kitchen StaticMap  (Read 8792 times)

i'd say to avoid stretching yourself too thin, lest this be another project that never sees the light of day

Do you have a grudge against Op or something? whats wrong with you?

OT:
these are amazing ayyitsaj do you think you'll be able to do other maps after spyglass and Kitchen?
He has a point. Everyone in this thread is praising him for showing pictures of the maps in game and in blender, but that is the easy part of static maps. The hard part is making the collision for all of these maps. I started doing the kitchen but gave up after finishing the cooker because of how tedious it is.

Do you have a grudge against Op or something? whats wrong with you?
why is it that you assume that not liking something means that I have some sort of disorder

I have a grudge against staticmaps because of their bugginess and how tedious they are. Wrapperup had the same attitude as OP at the start when he was working on tests and his own bedroom, but then he stopped being interested whilst making the bedroom and when starting the kitchen. If OP wants to finish and make more staticmaps, he can go ahead, but I worry that he'll stop being interested eventually. Making staticmaps like this is hard and in the end it just comes out quite buggy. For the spyglass map, again, good luck, as when vehicles start driving on staticmaps, latency drops way down. That would be horrible for an actual tdm.

I do!

I'm already working on Slopes and "Island".
you should work on these one at a time, dont want you to overstress yourself.

I have the slopes recreated from heightmap imported into blender with a few tweaks. If you don't have it already, I wouldn't mind sending you the .blend file and see if you can do anything with it. If this version is too low poly, I can send you a higher quality version. It may take a while to make but I can manage it.

link

EDIT: I just remembered It may not be to scale anymore due to me testing with it, if that's the case I apologize.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:41:29 PM by UnRegistered »

I have the slopes recreated from heightmap imported into blender with a few tweaks. If you don't have it already, I wouldn't mind sending you the .blend file and see if you can do anything with it. If this version is too low poly, I can send you a higher quality version. It may take a while to make but I can manage it.

link

EDIT: I just remembered It may not be to scale anymore due to me testing with it, if that's the case I apologize.

Thank you for your help, but I already have the model for Slopes.

OP for president.
Thankyou so much

Any news? Did you give up?

Nice triple post ya got there

Any news? Did you give up?

No, and no, I was taking a break for Halloween, and then I had to go away from home.

its something.
11/10

you should make terrain maps ^o^

Holy crap, this is insane!

it's spamming the console