Author Topic: Blockland ID already tied to Steam ID?  (Read 2187 times)

My brother no longer uses or wants his key, so I asked him for it for my friend, He gave me it, and I gave it to my friend, however its now saying that the key is already tied to the steam ID, how can I fix this??

there is nothing you can do
as far as i know sharing keys is revokeable

Your key can't be transferred to someone else. Your friend will have to either

1) play using the key (no steam), be aware that he will use the same account as your brother, only one can play at a time
1) use your brothers steam account
2) buy a new key for himself

Wait, so its still possible to do without using steam?

Wait, so its still possible to do without using steam?
Yes. However, this is still relevant after all those years:

Wonderful! Thanks a lot guys <3

He isn't sharing it, hes giving it to him since no longer plays.
sharing keys is revokeable
It doesn't matter how you word it, it still falls under the category "sharing your key".
But it doesn't matter anyways, Blockland Keys tied to Steam accounts cannot be shared.

only one can play at a time
This is not true.
I used to share my key with my younger brother since my parents refused to buy him his own account when we could just use the same one.
It caused confusion between us and other players, but we could actually be playing the game, and even be on the same server, at the same time.

It doesn't matter how you word it, it still falls under the category "sharing your key".
But it doesn't matter anyways, Blockland Keys tied to Steam accounts cannot be shared.

This is not true.
I used to share my key with my younger brother since my parents refused to buy him his own account when we could just use the same one.
It caused confusion between us and other players, but we could actually be playing the game, and even be on the same server, at the same time.
But won't the key work if it's non-steam?

This is not true.
Sorry, now that I think about, since we're in the same house, we had the same IP and there was no way to prevent both of us from using it at one time.

But won't the key work if it's non-steam?
If the key is non-steam, it can be used by another person.

This is not true.
That's because your brother lives in the same house as you and therfor has the same public IP. In this case OP wants to give a key to a friend which most likely doesn't have the same public IP, so only one of them can play at a time.

If the key is non-steam, it can be used by another person.
A'non-steam key' doesn't exist, every key can always be used on it's own without steam regardless of whether it has been used to activate a steam copy.

A'non-steam key' doesn't exist, every key can always be used on it's own without steam regardless of whether it has been used to activate a steam copy.
When I say "non-steam key" what I mean is a key that is not connected to a Steam account.
If a key is associated with a Steam account, it cannot be shared.
If a key is not associated with a Steam account, it can be shared. However:

It has nothing to do with steam and the image you linked has nothing mentioning steam.

Regardless of steam:
Multiple users may use the same key so long as they're on the same WAN IP. As in, connected to the same modem.
Multiple users may not use the same key if they are on different IPs or names.

The one and only factor where steam even comes into play:
A key that is already tied to a steam account cannot be transferred to another steam account, but can absolutely be used by someone not using steam.
A copy of Blockland that was purchased through steam will not have a key at all, therefore this is completely irrelevant as there's no key to give.