Poll

Blocko/Lego style vehicles or regular low poly?

Author Topic: Darryl's Star Wars (AOTC) Pack [POLL: Lego style vs low poly]  (Read 17116 times)

Just wanted to say your doing a good job , and I can't wait for content to be released .
Thanks, much appreciated.

I'm about to start trying to re-make the AAT model in bricks. This is the one I've chosen (there are 3 lego variants of the AAT)

It'll be a pretty tedious process to model each brick, and I expect the vert count to be significantly higher than the version I've already completed. That said, it would be nice if the vehicles I make could be used alongside Packer's blockwars vehicles without an obvious style difference.

Edit:
It's coming together reasonably quickly. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.

In-game it's around the same size as the other model I made, if anyone was worried about size.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:49:39 AM by Darryl McKoy »

Where did you get those horizontal rounds? Ive been dying for those.

uh...

Haha it's not actually bricks (although I'm taking your comment as a good sign). I made them in blender. I'm reasonably sure a brick pack does exist though?

Are you going to continue on the lego style

and ignore this one?

because I dislike lego vehicles

I much preferred the old style too

Once this one is finished, I'll put pictures of both into a poll on what style I should follow.

I've asked around and I actually can't find a single person who actually likes the lego style apart from myself

I'm leaning towards dropping it, if you've got any objections speak now or forever hold your peace..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:24:03 PM by Darryl McKoy »

Haha it's not actually bricks (although I'm taking your comment as a good sign). I made them in blender. I'm reasonably sure a brick pack does exist though?
Oh... Im handicapped

I've asked around and I actually can't find a single person who actually likes the lego style apart from myself

I like it a lot

For the sake of discussion, one con of doing it lego style is that the vert count is waaaay higher. The low poly version which is pretty much complete has ~800 verts. The lego style version which still isn't complete already has ~2300 verts, and I expect this number to be closer to ~3500 once it's actually done.

Packer's snowspeeder was around ~6000 verts from memory.

Do what you feel would benefit us the most performance wise.

TBH LEGO style would fit better with Blocklands LEGO-like aesthetic, in my opinion.

I would prefer Lego style but it doesn't really matter to me because I will download either way