Board Organization / Merging

Author Topic: Board Organization / Merging  (Read 80769 times)

Can you please make the topic move then? It is absolutely impossible to find useful coding help topics through all of the project chitter chatter.
There's 13483 topics in this board.
Going through all those and moving them would be a pain. Although, could've been prevented if Mod Disc were merged into Gen Disc in the first place rather being merged into Mod Help. Too late for that now.

Unmixing everything at this point could be done, but would be quite difficult, so please consider that.

i'm pretty sure there's a number of trustworthy people around here who would be willing to unmix at least the first 50 pages of this new board if given the privilege to.

If someone comes up with a list of topics to be moved out to either Gen Disc or a new coding subboard, will that speed up unmixing/reorganization?

i'm pretty sure there's a number of trustworthy people around here who would be willing to unmix at least the first 50 pages of this new board if given the privilege to.

If someone comes up with a list of topics to be moved out to either Gen Disc or a new coding subboard, will that speed up unmixing/reorganization?

Hell I'd do it, I've already sorted the entire add-ons section

I'm pretty sure he retained the ability to separate all the posts that were merged from Modification Disc.

I wouldn't mind it being unmixed

Ugh. The search problem alone should be enough to unmerge them.

wouldn't unmixing take forever because it would have to be done by hand
or is SMF un-stupid enough to do that on its own

wouldn't unmixing take forever because it would have to be done by hand
or is SMF un-stupid enough to do that on its own
Presumably he has some backup and could put together a script that'll go through the topics in the old one and move them in the current board. But any new ones would have to be done by hand, making the likelihood of this getting done less and less as time goes on.

Why not a child board for active mod threads or reversed for modification help.?

I prefer a dedicated coding help board over sifting through modification help.

why not combine this with the help board then?
nobody would read it then