Author Topic: Mounted emitter converging on player eye vector/ground intersect  (Read 2652 times)

I had a look at the result of getMuzzleVector and the muzzle vector doesn't appear to be changing when the player is looking at the ground.

That's not how it works.

When its true, it fires from the muzzle point to the point they are looking at, instead of firing it forward along the weapon. getMuzzleVector() is not affected by this in any way.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Shot in the dark but you could try melee = false; in the weapon image. I don't really know what's causing this either so this is my last idea. If it works you can call me Dr. House from now on.

EDIT: Nvm, pyro gun has melee false and still does it. I'm not house :panda:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:22:20 PM by Jervan »

Left field idea, not sure if it's a terrible one

Do you think I could put a muzzlePoint in the center of the model, and instead of using state emitters, fire two (offset) projectiles that have the emitter attached when the player jets?

And use projectile trails emitters? You'd need to invert a lot of the particle values but it's a solution I guess. You could even make it do a tiny bit of damage to people, haha

This hasn't worked either, the projectiles lag behind the player a massive amount, changing their lifetime fixes it to a degree but it's definitely nowhere near as effective as using an emitter :(

For now at least, I give up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:40:38 PM by Darryl McKoy »