Author Topic: Half size cards?  (Read 2069 times)

Can anyone recommend me any half size graphic cards? I want to upgrade a bit on my pc so I can play Blockland again, but I don't have the money to build an entire rig, so I am stuck with some old office computer I've had for years.

Let's just say my budget would be around $60. Any help is appreciated.

p.s. I know there is more to computer than a g card, but it's not like I'm decking it out with dual titans...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:36:37 PM by Sami2ss »

GTX 750ti is the smallest video card I have encountered.

But does it include a half pci bracket is what he is asking I think? He needs a G card for a low profile rig, and he needs a half bracket GPU

But does it include a half pci bracket is what he is asking I think? He needs a G card for a low profile rig, and he needs a half bracket GPU
You mean something like this?

750ti's are a little bit more expensive than $60.

750ti's are a little bit more expensive than $60.

Yeah, that's a bit expensive for right now, don't wanna spend too much anyway since when I run into money for a rig, I'll have a job, so I can build a whole new one.

You mean something like this?

I think some come with an option to change the bracket to a smaller one, but I'm not sure. I tried to install a Radeon HD2600 (family member found it while doing job to clean house that people left awhile ago) just to see if it would fit, because it's missing a few screws, and it seemed like the PCI slot was too small for the card, along with the bracket on the card being too large.

by half size do you mean this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121799&cm_re=r7_240-_-14-121-799-_-Product

$70

That looks promising, I'll look into it. The only reason I am not searching so much on NewEgg is that there is no official low profile category, and that a lot of cards have different tags on them, like low profile and half size, and I might make a mistake.

Why must I always misread titles
This time i misread this as Half Life cards

How small is your case?

cant really provide measurements, can provide pics of the slot vs another card I have that doesn't fit in it (I think bracket is half size but it doesn't fit anyway) mind the fan it hasn't been touched in a decade probably

dude is that forgetin a forgetin AGP card

you have a regular pci slot, not one that can take a graphics card

dude is that forgetin a forgetin AGP card

you have a regular pci slot, not one that can take a graphics card

lol what's an agp card

making me embarrassed man all i wanna do is run blockland

maybe this?

that looks like it would fit, if not, the guy allows returns on it. i need to upgrade my power supply if i want to get this, though.

requires 300, i only have 250.

making me embarrassed man all i wanna do is run blockland
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Graphics_Port

It was supposed to be the successor to the PCI port, but was doomed to destruction by PCI-Express. It was phased out around 2004-2008.

Basically what I'm saying is: that PC is a relic, dude. It's time for a replacement.

that motherboard can not handle a graphics card
it is only a regular pci slot
just buy another motherboard
see if you can find one that has the same socket as your current cpu and supports the same ram you currently have that has a pci express slot
if you you can you're a lucky bastard and you're gonna save a lot of money