Comcast adding data caps of 300 GB/month

Author Topic: Comcast adding data caps of 300 GB/month  (Read 2311 times)

tbh 300gb isn't all that restrictive
it's not, but it's the principle of it
Also, it's only being added to a handful of cities
for now

it's not, but it's the principle of itfor now
Yeah, both true points

My. City. Was. A. Test. Market. For. This. stuff. For. 2. Years.

Luckily the worse thing my ISP does is has a 200 (supposed) data cap. I've surely hit it a hundred times so I think that's bullstuff.

I have verizon fios.

ha ha suckers

interesting

definitely switching isps if this affects me
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:45:38 PM by Xealyth »

This is actually funny to me because it's like the reverse of what is happening in Australia. We've had data caps forever, and ISPs seem to be moving towards larger or even no data caps now. 5 years ago I think I had a data cap of 100gb, now I have unlimited.

Comcast is literally the stufftiest ISP in America.  They've just recently doubled and tripled prices across the board, and now this.
AT&T is the worst trust me I have it and my connection is super crapoy cost a lot more then it's worth and when playing Gmod or TF2 my ping is like 48 and then the next minute it's 600 to 943 for like 15 mins then it repeats with say the 48 being only 30 secs

how do you people use that much data what the forget

AT&T is the worst trust me I have it and my connection is super crapoy cost a lot more then it's worth and when playing Gmod or TF2 my ping is like 48 and then the next minute it's 600 to 943 for like 15 mins then it repeats with say the 48 being only 30 secs

how bad was the speed?
the worst ISP ive used was Verizon and I only got a max of 0.10 Mbps down and even a worser up

i have comcast and AT&T

help

netflix

$10 per an extra 50gb that you go over the limit
$30 a month to remove caps iirc

It's the principle of it.
I feel like their infrastructure is hitting it's peak, so instead of expanding it to support more use, they're trying to reduce use by charging people more.
They wanted to slow down traffic to websites who didn't pay them more. Net neutrality shut that down, so now they're bringing it to the users
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:38:27 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

It's the principle of it.
I feel like their infrastructure is hitting it's peak, so instead of expanding it to support more use, they're trying to reduce use by charging people more.
They wanted to slow down traffic to websites who didn't pay them more. Net neutrality shut that down, so now they're bringing it to the users

That statement is similar to what Comcast has previously told Ars. But in one case, Comcast's vice president of Internet services acknowledged that setting the monthly data limit at 300GB is a "business policy," not a decision driven by technical necessity.