Author Topic: New Update Content...  (Read 3494 times)

Haven't downloaded it yet, but my brother says that you can't host servers anymore? Guess thats the end of mods then, unless someone mods in the ability to host servers. Was it taken out because people were making mods/maps? Or there were just to many servers up compared to the number of players?

The canoe looks cool.

Not that hard to put server support back in.

Badspot

• Administrator
The end of mods? There never was a beginning of mods for AoT.

This isn't an instant play sort of game, it's based on a persistant world which requires a server that is constantly up.  Most people don't have the means or motivation to do this.

When people host their own servers, what they do is:
-Give out tons of cash/free equipment
-Cheat to find all the secrets
-Use the world editor to mess with people

All of those things are lame and cheapen the whole experience.  It's much better if everyone just plays on the official server.

I would like to know what new content like a male modle will be avalible.

Oh, and how do you use the map.

Badspot, you should change 'Join Server' to 'Start Game' and have it automatically join your server.  Should take like 2 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 07:32:05 PM by Bleh7777 »

Here is some advice for all of those with any suggestions/ideas.  Ordering Badspot to do something isn't the right way to give him a suggestions/ideas. Start of with stating you have an suggestion(s)/idea(s) "Hey Badspot I have a suggestion(s)/idea(s) for Blockland/Age Of Time."  Then follow with you suggestion(s)/idea(s) "My suggestion(s)/idea(s) is to change 'Join Server' to 'Start Game' and have it automatically join your server."  After that explain why you suggestion(s)/idea(s) would be credible "I think this would be helpful because seeing that there is only one dedicated server and no more GUI for player created maps this would help get in to the main server faster."  The end it with a solemn thank you "Thanks Badspot for viewing my suggestion(s)/ides(s).

As for the male model Badspot has informed me that he hasn't even begun the sketching which s the 1st step in making one of his excellent 3D models.  And the map unfortunately there isn't one yet although it would be useful Badspot hasn't had the time to get to creating one yet.  Badspot has alot on his schedule college, his job, his personal life, marketing Blockland, and of course Age Of Time. So please don't rant or flame on why is the updates taking so long or why won't you let us have forum signatures.  Remember you owe this man alot he does all these favors and never gets many thanks. He pays for the hosting of this forum, the blockland site, his site, the Age Of Time site, and the Age Of Time dedicated server.  He even has to pay extra when we use up his bandwidth. So we owe him many thanks and remember this he is only one person.

-Raz88

[arrogantelderforumgoer]i don't listen to newbs[/arrogantenlderforumgoer]

Badspot, you should change 'Join Server' to 'Start Game' and have it automatically join your server.  Should take like 2 minutes.
BINGO!I LOVE THAT IDEA!

Freelancer, are you the handicap who was spamming about hosting our own servers yesterday? It isn't happening, one universal server led by the creator is the best thing for this type of game.

Impending Doom

Freelancer, are you the handicap who was spamming about hosting our own servers yesterday? It isn't happening, one universal server led by the creator is the best thing for this type of game.

agreed.