Author Topic: CPU Temp  (Read 1137 times)

I have an AMD Elite Quad-Core A10-6700, and a program called Speccy is telling me my CPU's idle temp is at 180F, and while running fallout 4, its 230F. I check another program called SpeedFan, and it's telling me the idle temp is 105F. I don't know which program to trust, but based on my primitive understanding, if I touch it at 200F it should melt my fingers to the heat sink, and it hasn't. I'm not entirely sure if I should leave it off and wait until I get thermal paste, or to trust my understanding of touching it. Advice please.

Doesnt matter if your cpu is 30F or 200F. You should always get thermal paste

...are you saying you just put the cooler on it without thermal paste??

You didn't put the thermal paste on while building it? What the forget is wrong with you? nvm
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:39:35 AM by Blocky943 »

Pal, shut it down, you need to Place thermal paste

why did you not put any thermal paste on it

guys I think he got the idea already

...are you saying you just put the cooler on it without thermal paste??
You didn't put the thermal paste on while building it? What the forget is wrong with you?
Pal, shut it down, you need to Place thermal paste
why did you not put any thermal paste on it
Doesnt matter if your cpu is 30F or 200F. You should always get thermal paste

I apologize for not letting you know that it already has thermal paste on there, it just needs to be re-applied.

I apologize for not letting you know that it already has thermal paste on there, it just needs to be re-applied.
OH phew

Celsius please. Computers no usey Fahrenheit

Totally offtopic and not trying to deral but...
I never understood why america never switched to celcius. I mean seriously, the whole word uses uses celcius except america has to be "special" and use fahrenheid.
Even authentic weather agrees.

Sure costs allot of mobey to change everything but come on.

Totally offtopic and not trying to deral but...
I never understood why america never switched to celcius. I mean seriously, the whole word uses uses celcius except america has to be "special" and use fahrenheid.
even people in america dont understand buddy

your cpu is running at 110c
dont use the computer unless you want to fry the loving thing

110 under heavy load is just beyond that red line. You really could forget it up lol.
Fix your thermal paste situation, use youtube vids to show how to use perfect amounts.
Blow dust out and off of everything.

Upgrade the cpu cooler itself is the biggest fix.

Proper airflow in case helps to.

what's funny is even americans don't give computer temps in fahrenheit, so I have no idea what OP is doing

thermal paste isn't really something that "goes bad"
you really only replace it if you have to take the heatsink off for whatever reason

start with basic stuff like blowing out dust

are you even sure the temperature readings are accurate? a lot of users here have posted temperatures that were unreasonably low/high because their sensors are just off.