Weapon: Sawn-Off Rifle and Server_PGDie

Author Topic: Weapon: Sawn-Off Rifle and Server_PGDie  (Read 11449 times)

Preview Video!

Sawn-Off Rifle technically v2

Sawn-Off Rifle v2a with no recoil and longer cycle time

a powerful rifle designed for close-range deathmatches with lots of cover; in particular, trench deathmatches. has a low ammo capacity, a sophisticated reload system (similar to T+T) and very little CI work because i could not be assed

on defense, it has lots of range and can put out a lot of damage if you can catch an attacker off guard. on offense, it has instant kill capabilities with short ranged headshots and can knock around assailants to help you manage enemy fire. cover is important: two ranged headshots or one good hit at close range will kill. plus, it raycasts, and if you've got good reflexes (or just know where the guy is beforehand) you can probably punch through anything

if you have the ammo, i mean

designed to be used standalone and definitely shouldn't be used with something like T+T or blockcombat, mostly because it is leagues more powerful then anything in either of those packs and that's asking for trouble. map design tailored around this weapon should have ammo all over the place to keep it's relatively short supply stocked and should have either the means to make cover or have lots of cover placed preemptively to keep the game from just devolving into a sniper duel

i made this gun in about 3 hours, but it should be bug-free; if you find one and fix it, post it in the topic and i'll link it to the OP

as an alternative (for specifically greek2me's trench TDM) i have also provided a less arcadey variant where the rifle doesn't push you back with recoil and has a longer, more traditional bolt-action-rifle cycle time. this version is even less likely to be supported as far as bug fixes go so don't go holdin your breath

• Extra: Server_PGDie

a corpse mod that makes combat more satisfying and visually interesting in a sort of smash bros-y, abstract sort of way. purpose-built to be goofy and ridiculous. comes with a couple unexpected surprises, too

killing players causes them to explode, fly apart, and crumble to the ground. they also might make a sound if you kill them hard enough

modified from an existing mod (but i forget whose in particular) (i think it was called crumble on death)

(surprise!)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:28:35 AM by Bushido »

well this is going in my gun collection immediately

using quake type weapons with this weapon might cause a crash

(don't do this anyway; it's dumb and defeats the purpose of both weapons)

confirmed as a pretty cool wep
worth its $$$

I thought sawn-off shotguns were good enough, apparently not.

Still a pretty cool weapon tho.

I was looking for a single shot rifle weapon for a while now, thanks Bushido!

I'm only having one issue with the gun, when I try to use it on my dedicated server.
When I fire the weapon, it automatically kicks everyone else out giving them a invalid packet message box.
(invalid packet (ghost registering packet))

do you have quake-type weapons enabled

do you have quake-type weapons enabled
Yes, do I need to disable it?

Wait, what? Why?
They seem to go together.

well one has ammo and the other set doesnt